Epilogue - Part 1

Mina slumps down on one of the chairs in the dressing room, exhausted from shooting for the new music video. She closes her eyes for a bit and her mind automatically reflects on the past year.

The world had returned to normal, they're back to their endless work schedules. Nothing has changed, except one thing. Nayeon.

Nayeon, the reason why she smiles despite the endless work schedules. The reason why she is the happiest she has ever been.

"Yep, she's definitely thinking about Nayeon." Dahyun chuckles at the smile she sees etched on Mina's face.

"She's in the next room!" Jeongyeon scoffs, "It's sickeningly sweet how smitten they're with each other."

"Love does that." Sana says, looking at Dahyun with doting eyes.

Dahyun pecks her cheeks in return.

"Speak of the devil." Chaeyoung murmurs when Nayeon loudly stomps into the room, throwing the jacket she's worn for the shoot on an empty chair.

"Minayah!" She whines, and goes to sit on the floor between the younger girl's legs.

Mina threads her fingers through Nayeon's short hair when the older girl lays her face on her lap, sulking and pouting. "What did Momo do this time?" She chuckles.

Nayeon purrs like a cat and lets out a contented sigh when Mina scratches her scalp gently with her fingers. "She wants me to stand naked on the terrace."

"Why?" Mina laughs softly.

"To see if I glitter under the sunlight." Nayeon looks up at Mina and juts her lower lip out.

Mina shakes her head highly amused.

Chaeyoung looks away guiltily. In hindsight, she shouldn't have compared Nayeon to a vampire because she got bitten and still came back alive.

"She doesn't mean any harm." Jihyo waves her away.

"No harm? Last week she removed my bed." Nayeon continues to rant, "and installed bars on the ceiling because she said I'd be comfortable sleeping hanging upside down!"

Tzuyu muffles a laughter behind her hand.

"It's not like you sleep in your bed anyway." Jihyo points out, "You're always spending the night in Mina's."

"That's not true." Nayeon grumbles.

"The walls aren't that thick Nayeon." Jeongyeon guffaws. "Last night Jihyo and I even played let's count the number of times Mina prays to god tonight!"

Mina blushes when the memories of previous night flashes across her mind.

"Anyway you're being too dramatic." Jeongyeon digs through her bag searching for her emergency chocolate stash.

"Dramatic?" Nayeon gets off the floor to stretch herself on the couch, settling her head on Mina's lap. "Yesterday she threw away all the garlic from our dorm because she doesn't want me to die!"

Chaeyoung grins, "It's the thought that counts Nayeonnie."

Nayeon huffs and Mina strokes the crease between her eyebrows and bends down to lay a kiss on it making it disappear immediately, "What about the time she replaced my glass of wine with beef blood?"

Sana recalls how she had to hold Nayeon's head while she threw up for a whole hour afterwards.

"Nayeon!" Jeongyeon yells all of a sudden. "Where's my chocolate bar?"

Nayeon looks at her with innocent eyes. "How would I know?" She quickly wipes off the reminiscent of the chocolate from the corner of her mouth.

Jeongyeon grabs her hoodie and pulls her off Mina's lap, twisting her arms until the older girl screams. "You ate it, you fucker!"

"Hey!" Mina gets on her feet and steps between the pair, looking at Jeongyeon sternly. "I need that in working condition for later." She pries Nayeon's arm gently away from Jeongyeon's grasp.

Nayeon smirks roguishly at her girlfriend.

"Oh my god Minayah," Chaeyoung groans, "You've become shameless just like your bunny!"

"Really?" Nayeon grins.

Chaeyoung sighs, "That wasn't a compliment!"

Momo bolts into the room, and everyone silences and watches her with rapt attention as she walks towards Nayeon carrying a bowl with utmost reverence in her hand.

"Oh dark one, I bring you the blood of virgin goat." She kneels before Nayeon whose color drains from her face. "Please don't drink mine when I sleep."

Mina holds back a laughter seeing the look of utter horror on her girlfriend's face.

Jeongyeon leans close to Nayeon and whispers, "It's just watermelon juice, I convinced her it's blood of virgin goat."

Nayeon nods gratefully at her.

"Thank you Momo." Nayeon accepts the bowl and pouts when she turns to her side and sees Mina biting back a smile.

"My poor baby!" Mina shuffles the hair on her head affectionately. She leans into her and leaves a soft kiss on the older girl's cheek.

Nayeon throws back a goofy smile that makes Mina's eyes grow soft and heart melt.

Meet Aera, the new CEO of KH pharmaceuticals. She's vowed to use the company for the goodness and the greatness of the society.

The television grabs their attention.

"Is it just me or has she gotten prettier?" Jeongyeon asks, tilting her head to take a proper look at her.

They hadn't seen her after they left the government protection. And suddenly she's back on the radar. Exactly a day before the first anniversary of the zombie apocalypse. Something about this seems a bit off.

"Yep, she's gotten hotter!" Nayeon says absentmindedly.

"Nayeon-chan," Mina throws her a sweet smile, "How would you like sleeping hanging upside down today?"

"You didn't let me finish!" Nayeon immediately backtracks, "I was going to say but not as hot as my girlfriend!"

"Whipped!" Dahyun chuckles.

"So are you!" Chaeyoung quips.

"So am I!" Dahyun agrees and Sana beams at her.

Just wait until you see what kind of ideas I've got in store for everyone. Aera's voice drawls from the television, and Jihyo can't help but shudder at the feeling that there's something sinister in her tone.