Chapter 13

Jeongyeon sighs as she watches the basement exit through her binoculars. There's a zombie lurking behind the door, growling and hungry for human flesh.

"We have a problem." She states distastefully. "The exit is blocked by the undead."

"How many are there?" Jihyo questions with concern.

Before she can answer Nayeon replies, "Eight."

Tzuyu turns to look at Nayeon wondering why she sounds so dreamy about it.

"There are eight moles on your face." Nayeon husks, as her eyes wander across Mina's beautiful and flushed face.

Her face plants on the table when Jeongyeon smacks the back of her head. "Your pet zombie is blocking the exit."

"Tom is harmless." Nayeon dismisses her with a wave of her hand as she straightens back up on the chair and goes back to looking at Mina.

Sana gapes at her. "You gave him a name?"

A low rumble and thunder sounds in distance.

"She even has conversations with him." Dahyun declares. "I heard her talking to him last night."

"This is all your fault." Chaeyoung accuses pulling Nayeon's face away from Mina. "How do we get out now?"

"We can stay in." Nayeon wiggles her eyebrows, leaning into the younger girl again.

Chaeyoung drags Nayeon's chair away from the table, covering her ears when she lets out a high pitched squeal. "Can you take your mind out of the gutter for one second please?"

"Yeah Nayeonnie." Sana chuckles. "We can't deal with everyday of 'mmh nayeon-chan ohhhh nayeon-chan fuckkkk nayeon-chan'" She imitates doubling over in laughter.

Mina covers her face as a blush coats her cheeks.

Outside, the darkened sky opens in a heavy downpour.

Nayeon pouts. "It was only two nights."

"We've only been here two days." Tzuyu snorts.

"Can you all shut up?" Jihyo snaps as she rubs her forehead. "I'm trying to think here."

Mina walks to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water. Nayeon follows her like a puppy on leash.

"It's like Mina is hiding some magnet under her clothes." Chaeyoung rolls her eyes.

"Under the aunt's ugly clothes you mean?" Dahyun guffaws and then her eyes widen when she sees Sana appear in front of her.

"No." She utters. "Don't even think about it."

Thud.

"Fuck's sake." She holds her foot and groans.

Mina shakes her head at the pair of them, puts her empty glass back in the sink and turns around only to come face to face with Nayeon. "Hi." She smiles, her eyes flickering to the older girl's lips.

"What did you say?" Nayeon puts her hands on either side of the counter, trapping the younger girl against it.

"I said hi." Mina feels her heart pound as their lips almost brush against each other.

"I still don't hear you." Nayeon says thickly, her eyes clouding with desire as Mina licks her bottom lip. "You should come a little closer."

Mina puts her hands on both sides of the older girl's face and cups her cheeks. There's a little flutter in her chest when she sees those dark eyes look at her with a warmth and softness that's so different from the way she normally looks at others. She hopes that maybe, just maybe what they have isn't just about sex.

She loops her arms around her neck and pulls Nayeon against her, lips mashing in a soft and sweet kiss. She can feel the rapid beat of the older girl's heart, taste the sweetness of chocolate still in her mouth as she winds her hands into her short and silky hair. Her own heart is hammering and there's a rushing sound in her ears.

When they pull apart for air, Nayeon kisses her forehead so tenderly that Mina's faint hopes begins to glimmer anew.

Jeongyeon hoists the binocular up her shoulders and walks back to the window. She frowns as she notices something. "What the hell?" She exclaims loudly gaining all their attention.

"Y'all need to come and see this." The astonishment in her voice gets their curiosity as they all rush to the window piling over each other.

The undead hisses and growl in pain as the rain water hits their rotten skin, and they scatter in all directions looking for cover.

"Do you know what this means?" Nayeon's eyes meet Dahyun's in a knowing grin.

Momo answers seriously. "They don't like to have a bath?"

Dahyun and Nayeon control the urge to sigh.