Chapter 32

"Reverse the fire truck." Nayeon slams the door to the basement shut. "I'll hop on the back."

"You want to be ripped from limb to limb?" Jeongyeon snaps as she punches Nayeon's chest, "You're insane."

Nayeon shoves her back. "Someone has to spray them with the water hose. Or none of us are getting out of here alive."

"If you're going to be out in the open, I'm going with you." Mina steps between them, and stares at Nayeon daring her to argue with her.

Nayeon sighs. She takes Mina's hand in one of hers and cups her cheek with the other. "If you're out there I'd be worried for your safety and that would only distract me. If you really want me alive, you'd stay inside the truck." She feels guilty for using emotional manipulation, but she knows this is the only way she's going to keep the younger girl out of harm's way.

Mina winces like she's been punched in her gut. "Of course I want you alive Nayeon-chan."

"Then please be with others." Nayeon begs.

Sometimes later Nayeon climbs the ladder at the back as Mina looks on with despair in her eyes.

"We have to go." Chaeyoung tells Mina whose gaze never leaves Nayeon.

Mina nods and peels her eyes away from the older girl.

Nayeon lets out a soft breath when she sees Mina steps inside the safety of the fire truck.

She grabs the hose and steadies herself on top of the fire truck.

It's show time.

She presses the remote and the basement door slowly opens.

It's not even halfway opened when about hundred of lurkers crawl through the gap.

"I hope you bitches like your bath cold." She tells them and turns the hose on.

Jeongyeon reverses the truck running over a few.

The water lands on some lurkers and they hiss in pain. The truck gets on road speeding away from the zombies crowding the path.

The ones that have escaped the jet of spray run faster towards the truck angrier than before.

"Nayeon, watch out." Tzuyu pokes her head out through the window. "There are three climbing by the side."

Nayeon yells back. "Shut the damn window. I've got this."

She keeps one arm steady on the hose. When two of the lurkers come up on the left, she times her aim, and swings the bat. It comes to contact with one lurker's head but the other manages to climb on the top of the truck.

Nayeon puts the hose down between her feet, a constant spray of water keeps away the thousands of zombies chasing the truck.

The lurker bounces on her and Nayeon topples to the smooth metallic surface hissing in pain when her injured arm comes to contact with it.

"You motherfuckers don't understand the importance of an arm when there's a gorgeous girl around you, do you?" She keeps him away by strangling his throat. He tries to reach for her again but she rolls them over and shoves his head down a screw that anchors the hose.

The other zombie who's climbed up the right watches her kill him and lets out a deep growl.

"Did I hurt your feelings bro?" Nayeon cooes and stamps on his hand before he can climb onto the top of the truck.

He lets go off the truck with a loud groan and falls to the road. Nayeon watches with disgust as his body crunches under the heavy wheels and his slimy blood splatters all across the side of the truck.

She takes the hose back in her hands because at least a hundred of undead have managed to hang on to the ladder at the back.

She goes to the edge of the truck and whistles at them.

They all look up together.

"Wanna hear a joke?"

They growl.

"I'll take that as a no."

She points the hose at them and smiles with satisfaction as they all drop one by one onto the cemented lane.

"She's crazy." Chaeyoung chuckles as she looks at the happenings through the grids of the barrier that separates the front part of the truck from the water tank at the back.

"Crazy hot." Mina whispers in awe.

They manage to completely lose the army of the undead in another five minutes.

The truck arrives at the Central Hospital after an hour.

Nayeon hops down the back of the truck.

Jeongyeon helps Mina down the front of the truck.

"Five four three-" Chaeyoung begins to count.

"What's the countdown for?" Dahyun asks curiously.

"Two one." Chaeyoung finishes and rolls her eyes. She points with her fingers and Dahyun's gaze follow their direction.

Nayeon and Mina are sucking faces. Again.