Chapter 19

Nayeon rolls around in the couch trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in.

Tzuyu and Jihyo who are on watch duty sometimes stop to make small talk with her but her mind is elsewhere.

She slowly gets herself up to a sitting position and winces when she feels a searing pain in her arm. The sleeves are rolled up on the left and a huge bandage covers her ripped skin.

"Where are you going?" Jihyo demands when Nayeon strolls past her to get to the corridor.

Nayeon shrugs. "Going to change my shirt."

She makes a detour instead, her legs carrying her towards the direction of the bedroom. She lifts a hand as if to knock on the door and changes her mind last minute because she remembers how mad Mina looked and a shudder runs through her spine.

A burdened sigh leaves her lungs as she makes her way back to the closet.

She grins when she feels the object she retrieved from the van safely under shirt. She takes it out and places it inside the cupboard and grabs a plain white t shirt and shorts, quickly changing into them without moving her arm too much.

"You need to take painkillers in an hour." Jihyo reminds her when she bumps into her again. "Don't fall asleep."

She can't, even if she tries. Without Mina by her side, she seems to have lost her ability to do even something as simple as falling asleep.

She sleeps on her stomach, groans when her injured arm meets the plush cushions on the couch and turns around to sleep on her back.

Tzuyu gives her the painkillers around three in the morning. "You should probably feel sleepy after this." She pulls the cover over the older girl and whispers goodnight.

Nayeon lays awake an hour later, staring at the ceiling and wondering how amazing it would be if chocolate grew on trees.

When her eyes slowly grow heavy she feels a soft body next to her, wrapping an arm around her middle and pulling her into a hug that's warm and comforting. "I got so scared." Mina's voice whisper into her ears.

Nayeon loops her good arm under the younger girl's neck, making it a pillow for her and strokes her cheeks tenderly.

Their eyes meet in the dark, and Nayeon feels guilty when she sees the concern and worry in those beautiful brown eyes. "I'm really sorry baby." A rosy color rises to her cheeks because the term of endearment slips before she's aware but it's too late to take it back now.

"You better be." Mina cups her cheeks, her soft eyes looking up at her under from long eyelashes.

Nayeon chuckles and is about to say something back when she's cut off with a slow and sweet kiss that has her heart melting into a puddle.

"You should go to sleep." Mina sighs into her mouth and pulls back slightly. She lays another peck on the lips reluctant to let go. "I should probably go back."

Nayeon shakes her head and pulls the girl closer to her. "Can you stay?"

"I'm scared I'll hurt you accidentally." Mina places another kiss on her mouth.

Nayeon's lips quirk up in a small and hesitant smile. She looks unusually shy, a vast contrast from her normally loud and confident self. "I sleep better when you're around."

Mina feels her heart swell. "Okay."

Nayeon's smile grows wider and she pulls the younger girl into her, sighing as Mina nestles her head under her chin.

Sometimes later Jihyo and Tzuyu share a soft smile when they find Mina fast asleep in Nayeon's arm.

"They're really cute together." Jihyo cooes.

Tzuyu yawns behind her hand, her eyes focused on Archie running around the living room, barking softly at every object. "Just wait until Nayeonnie does something stupid again."

It doesn't take long for that to happen.

Nayeon stands in front of the fridge and scowls when she can't get the bottle of milk open with one good hand.

"Let me get the milk for you." Aera husks running a hand up her shoulder.

Nayeon smiles gratefully and drops to the stool around the kitchen counter.

Chaeyoung gulps thickly when she sees Mina walking towards the kitchen.

Aera bends down in front of Nayeon, the deep neck she's wearing showing a generous amount of her cleavage as she pours the milk into the glass. "Nayeonnie," She says in a sultry tone and leans closer, flashing her ample chest a little more. "Drink your milk."

Sana shakes her head when Nayeon smiles in thanks and grabs the glass chugging the milk down her throat and Mina twirls around on her toes.

A few seconds later a loud slam of a door shutting echoes through the house.

"Nayeonnie is so dead." Momo remarks matter of factly.