Chapter 2

Nayeon casts a glance at the eerily quiet parking lot that's packed dense with cars, vans and trailers, her eyes watchful and alert. The unusual silence in the normally busy building unnerves her a little.

"Sorry Mr.Chin."  She drop kicks the security guard with her doc martins who is about pounce on her letting out a guttural moan. She  proceeds to squash his face in on the tar road.

Once she's sure there's nobody else within visible distance, she holds the door open for the girls to step out.

"On the count of three, you run to the main entrance." She states and starts to count.

Nayeon rolls her eyes when they start to run immediately except for Mina who is cowering by her side and looks around with her wide terrified eyes.

When they reach the lobby it is empty and there's no sign of human activity.

Chaeyoung grabs a wooden pole from the reception area, her grip trembling and unsteady.

"Hello, is anyone there?" Sana's voice echoes and bounces on the empty walls of the reception area.

"Said every blonde in the beginning of all horror films." Dahyun sniggers making Sana frown at her.

"We should go to the recording room. It must be safe there with it's thick sound proof walls." Jihyo mutters under her breath.

"On the count of-" Nayeon wants to tell Jihyo to stop because it's not going to work.

Jihyo stares with disbelief when everyone takes off before her.

"I tried to tell you." Nayeon shrugs as she takes Mina's hand in hers and treads carefully towards the recording room.

They all stop when they hear a low hiss coming from across the hall. The lights are flickering and it's hard to see who's at the end. If they covered ten feet, they'd be inside the safe confines of the studio.

Nayeon steps in front of the girls, a baseball bat ready to swing in her hands.

"Where did she get that from?" Chaeyoung whispers.

"It's a freaking zombie apocalypse." Jeongyeon mutters under her breath. "There's always a baseball bat around somewhere."

Tzuyu side steps them and goes to stand next to Nayeon with a bow and arrow in her hand.

Dahyun shakes her head. "I'm not even going to ask."

Momo shivers when the hiss turns into a low growl. A shadow emerges from the dark. "Oh thank god, it's just our driver."

Nayeon doesn't drop her bat. She has asked him to stay in the van, it's strange he's lurking in the building, his gait unsteady and head angled.

"Run." She shouts when he stretches his arms and lets out a blood curling scream.

They break into all out sprint and Nayeon shuts the door just in time, tugging Mina who's the last one out along with her.

Nayeon holds her knees and gasps for breath. Loud bangs shake the latch as their zombie driver tries to get the door open.

She shrugs off her leather jacket, feeling a little relief when the cold air in the studio hits her heated skin.

"Tzuyu check the studio for other people." Jihyo instructs. "Or other zombies." She shudders.

"Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon, secure the ventilations." The zombies crawled through them in some of the films she's seen.

Once they've secured the perimeter, they turn on the television in the studio.

"There's a virus affecting the nation as we speak. Citizens are suggested to stay in their homes until the military gets the situation under control. Stock up on water and food and don't step out."

He smiles in-spite of the seriousness of the situation. Jeongyeon wants to punch him through the television.

"If you're inside you'll be safe." He smiles again and freezes when he's pulled off the screen.

The girls watch with wide eyes as blood splatters across the monitor and the signal gets cut off.

"Do you think he's safe?" Momo whispers.

Jeongyeon smiles. "Yeah, sure!"

They're quiet for a while, everyone trying to wrack their brains on what to do next.

"We need to find somewhere safe, with plenty of food and water." Jihyo announces.

Momo lifts her hand excitedly.

"Yes Momo." Jihyo lifts a brow.

"Let's go to McDonalds." She squeals, her eyes lighting up that she's found the perfect place.

"Good suggestion." Jihyo pats the girl and rolls her eyes when she turns away from her.

Sana stands up, her eyes twinkling as she looks at the girls. "My aunt's villa."

Everyone breaks into a slow smile despite the grim situation.

Of course, her aunt who is an agoraphobic has the safest hideout in the world.

"Won't she mind us crashing her place?" Momo questions.

"I'll ask her that the next time I visit her grave Momo."