"Wala pa rin po ba si Nathan Mom?" I asked antsy

"Isn't he texting you yet?" She asked me back

I sway my head slowly and glance at my phone but there's nothing on it. I just continue checking myself in this red-colored gown. This is my second gown for tonight.

My eyes darted at the door as it opens suddenly.

"Ma'am twenty minutes nalang po mag s-start na ang 18 roses but your last dance is still not here. Is he really coming Ma'am?" Nang uusisang tanong ng kinuha naming event planner habang may kung anong chine-check sa hawak nyang folder

"Five minutes if he's still not here, mapipilitan po tayo na ang daddy nyo nalang ang gawing first and last dance nyo. Is it fine Ma'am?" She asked and turned to my Mom

Waves of creeps runs in my system as I slowly nod at her. She then left me and Mom alone after that.

Mom caress my shoulder as if she's assuring me that Nathan will be here, and I don't have anything to worry about.

I smiled hopefully.

It was my debut today.  After the reconciliation with Nathan the last time, the days goes in a wink of an eye. Just one day I woke up it's already my birthday and Mom is frantically knocking at my door like we're going late on something.

My relationship with Nathan becomes neutral and goes back the way it goes before. Lesser drama and fights.

I calm myself as I stare at the mirror in front of me.

The gown suits me too well, my white skin glows and radiate more with this color.

"You've grown up as a beautiful woman Nami" Mom says in a soft tone as she come behind me

I smile at her through the mirror. Her eyes was flashing great admiration.

"Ma'am, the emcee's about to call you in five minutes" someone knocked at the door upon saying those

I cleared my throat before heading to the door.

Nami:
Where are you Nathan? Magsisimula na ang 18 roses!

I send my last text message for him irritably. And of all occasions, dito pa s'ya male-late?

"Let's all welcome our lovely debutant" the emcee says loudly, it was followed by the defeaning applause from the crowd.

I flash a big smile eventough i can't see anyone due to too much lights. Daddy is waiting for me at the last step of the stair. Wearing a tuxedo with a touch of same shade like my gown.

His eyes looks so amazed and teary at the same time. He never takes his eyes off me until I reached for his hand.

"May I take this dance princess?" He said and hand me a red rose

We started swaying slowly. Daddy gave a soft kiss at my forehead before letting me take a turn.

"I'm so proud that I can call you as my daughter. You are my completion as a man Princess. I love you so much" Dad said in a deep baritone voice.

The lights are reflecting on his eyes brightly proof that he's about to shed a tears.

I pout and mouthed 'thank you' on him. If we're not on this event I'll surely tease him for crying, but I just can't do it right now.

"I love you too Dad" I say and hugged him

I heard my Mom laugh as Dad started to wipe his tears. It's surely funny to her to see her husband weeps. I can't blame her though, even I, find it kinda funny. Dad is too masculine, and he never cry before but now he looked so soft and vulnerable. Just like a kid crying for something.