21

A sound of crying woman wake me up at the middle of the night. I checked the clock immediately, it was 3:00 am. Oh God. My body shivers in fear, they say when you randomly wake up at this hour there's a probability that a ghost was staring right at you.

I swallowed hard and breathed heavily.

The sound of the weeping woman doesn't help, coldness of the night starts to embrace my soul. I grip on my sheet to lessen the fear. The only light from outside is where I am looking, so scared to even glance at the rest of my room due to its darkness.

"Then what am i supposed to do?!" Someone shout from somewhere, i flinched

"I don't know Blair! Sa palagay mo ba alam ko ang gagawin?!" Bulyaw pabalik ng kung sino

Kunot noo akong nanatiling nakatitig sa liwanag mula sa bintana. Pamilyar ang boses ng lalaki na nagsalita. Subalit di ko masyadong mapangalanan dahil sa kung anong dahilan.

...blair? si blair ang umiiyak?

Marahan akong tumayo at nagtungo sa pinto. The voice getting louder as i walk towards the terrace. Without making any noise i managed to went there. But there was no one.

"Pa'no na 'to..?" Umiiyak na boses ulit na Blair, tila gulong gulo sa kung ano

Nakaramdam ako ng awa sa boses nya dahil do'n. Anong nangyayari?

Mabilis akong sumilip ng palihim at natanaw mula sa terrace sa ikalawang palapag si Blaire at kung sino man 'yong kausap nya. Madilim sa bahagi na iyon at tanging si Blair lang ang nasisinagan ng ilaw mula sa ilang poste, habang ang kausap nya at nakatago sa lilim ng mga anino ng halaman.

Nagsimulang humikbi si Blair. Mahihina at sunod sunod na mga hikbi. She sounds helpless.

My eyes started to water,  it hurts me to see her as vulnerable as she is now. The pain creeps on me too.

"Magagalit sila m-mommy..." humihikbing tugon nya

"hindi ko ginusto yan Blair" a pain in the man's voice is evident too

I really knew his voice but instead on focusing on that my anger at him was more dominant. The heck are they talking about? Why is she making Blair weep like that?

i was about to move a little more when i feel something was crawling on my skin. I automatically curse on it and made a movement, the two of them immediately glance at my direction. In the fear of getting caught i run as fast as i can to my room.

"Shit" i cursed at myself

Who was that man? Why am i hurting? These questions lingers even up to in my dreams.

It was Friday today and i didn't attend the class to come with Grandma at hospital for the dialysis.

As i watched the doctor get her vitals i managed to look closely on Grandma. She's indeed old, the wrinkle on her face was too visible and her hair roots are getting white again, we just colored it last month.

She smile at me after she noticed me. I smiled back.

We spent half of our day at the hospital.

"The smell of hospital is just gonna make me more sick" grandma uttered as soon as she reach the couch

Ayaw nya talaga sa hospital. Palagi syang nagrereklamo ng ganyan pagka uwing uwi.

I just smile at her and go to my room to change clothes.

"Basura! Basura!" Someone shouted from outside

The garbage collector comes every Friday.

"Nami apo, kunin mo na yung basura sa mga kwarto sa taas" utos ni Grandma