25

Christmas songs are echoing all over our village making it sound like we're on a musical theatre, where actors' song are overlapping at each other but it still make a good sound

"We're almost there apo" Grandma smiled hopefully she then squeezed my hand a little

I sighed and shifted my focus. I let the cold wind from ours car's aircon fill my lungs. I wander my eyes on the familiar view. For the very first time I never felt good going home. I used to look forward at this moment everyday.  I just love our home so much. But today is different.

I never wanted to be home again. I'm doing pretty good at Lycy's place but then earlier this morning I wake up with Grandma knocking on the door.

She used her "...bago man lang ako mawala" card on me and it works. We're now in front of our house and there's no way I can back up anymore.

As we walk inside my heart starts to pound, I never been this scared entering my own home. My heart starts to beat louder and i kinda find it hard to breathe normally. 

"It'll be fine apo, after all we're still family" she said in the hopes of making me calm. But it didn't.  I'm still feeling all the weird actions my body has been doing.

"Nami" Tita Fiona said my name in a cold tone with her brows arching so high.

I stepped back then bite my lower lip.  I try to smile but I know that it look so fake.

"Oh Nami!" Mommy's voice echoed as she starts running towards me

"You're finally home" she hugged me tight and caress my hair

"I know you'll come when it's your Grandma who fetch you there..." She said to fill up the silence

I smiled awkwardly.

"I'll just go to my room" I said lazily and started walking

As I walk upstairs I glanced at them once again. Mommy was giving her threatening look at Tita Fiona while Grandma just sighed deeply. I'm sure they're not like this when I'm not around. It's always me who brings awkwardness at this home. Maybe I shouldn't really come back after all.

I shrugged the self pitying and just walk faster. As I pass Blair's room I slow down a little bit.

Is she here?

My mind speaks for me.  I stare at it for a while then I just found myself crying. I rushed to my room and sat at my bed while wiping my eyes.

The Christmas eve arrived and of course we're all obligated to be at the table. It's noche buena, Grandma wouldn't let anyone out of this matter.

Everyone was wearing a red dresses while the men on our family just wear a casual attire with a red neck tie to blend in the theme color.

Everyone went silent as they saw me walking towards the table. It felt awkward especially when I and Blair caught each other's eye.

She panicked while I just keep looking at her until I reach the table. We are parallel to each other, making it more impossible to not look at each other.

"Isn't it wonderful that we're complete" Grandma says casually

"It surely is mama"  Mom answered and glance at me. I'm sitting next to her.

The warm color of fairy lights somehow managed to lessen my weird feelings inside.

I looked at my family one by one and it hurts me to see that they still act so fine as if nothing happened. No one in this table seemed to recognize the pain I went through. The betrayal. The heart break.