1. Pain and coping

3am and he still wasn't home. You were on your shared bed with yours and your boyfriend's dog Bepo, who looked more like a polar bear than a dog.

You'd seen his phone a year before. The lewd text messages, the nude photos his and the other woman's. When you looked further into it he'd been texting her for months but apparently had only recently started to sleep with her, as far as you knew. It was someone you knew too. A nurse at the hospital he worked at. Her name was Monet.

And she was gorgeous. 5'10 curves that any woman would kill for lucious green locks and fair skinned. You immediately started to compare yourself, you had h/l h/c, e/c and s/c. You were 5'4 abc 150 you had curves too but since she was taller it looked better on her. When you first saw them you're initial instinct was to confront him than leave. But you couldn't bring yourself to do it.

Then you started blaming yourself. Like somehow everything happening was your fault. You were busy with work and you'd turned down his invitations a lot plus you didn't really wear make up and you didn't dress up a whole lot either. You thought that you'd been a little neglectful of his needs but when you tried to make up for it, he'd reject your affection too. It was a vicious cycle.

You both had been fighting a lot more, when you'd started your business is when this all went down.

He worked nights, as a ER doctor. You owned your own coffee shop and bakery, so you worked mornings til early afternoons. Your shop opened at 4am and closed 2pm Monday-Friday. Saturday you were open 6-12. And closed for Sunday.

Before you worked at a real estate company, for a man named Crocodile, while the money was good it didn't make you happy you always wanted something you could call your own, something you yourself created.

-Flashback-

Walking into the office you were nervous, you were turning in your resignation. You'd been working here since you were 19, you started out as a simple receptionist. Slowly working your way up to a real estate agent. You'd been going to school online for your business degree, and after 4 years you could finally do what you wanted. You hadn't told Law yet, but that could be a surprise!

"Mr. Crocodile?"

"Y/N come in, we have 9 showings today. How many do you want to take?"

"Before we get into that can we talk?"

"Sure." He wasn't looking at you cigar in his mouth and eyes on his agenda.

"Mr. Crocodile I'm here to give you my letter of resignation." You'd never seen the man look so surprised. His mouth fell open causing the cigar to slip from his lips. Then he just looked annoyed.

"Who scouted you? Doflamingo? Fucker has been trying to get you to work for him the past year!"

"What? No no nothing like that I'm opening my own business." Now he was staring at you like you'd grown another head.

"How long have you been planning this?"

"Since I was 15. I love baking and coffee, and I actually wanted your advice on what locations and properties would do best." He smiled then and you two spent the next three hours talking, and he even gave you advice.

And he even agreed to let you stay on part time just until you opened. Your pay and commission would suffer but it was better than making no money while trying to start a business.

Getting home, you'd gone to the store and got all the ingredients for a Japanese dinner, Laws favorite. You even made his favorite coffee cake, a recipe you'd created just for him.