Chapter 13: A Business Offer

You woke up to a naked chest. Not a sight you were used to seeing. The last time you awoke this way, the chest had tattoos on it and it was void of any blemishes. Zoro's chest however had a scar running diagonally along with his pectorals down to his hip. He'd had it since before you ever met him. It never bothered you, if anything you'd say it added to his sex appeal.

Getting out of bed without waking him up was going to be tricky. He was holding you with both arms wrapped around you, one around your shoulders, and the other was over your waist with his hand being right by your butt. You moved that one first and then scooted out from his other arm. He stirred for a moment but stayed passed out. You went to the shower, did light makeup, put on the new work shirt that Ace and Barto had made for you, that along with a pair of black jeans, black converse, and your hair up in a ponytail you were set and ready to go in less than 20 minutes. Since you were closer to the cafe' you didn't need to wake up as early anymore or leave as early either, but it was a habit more than anything.

You poured some orange juice for yourself and got a bowl of cereal ready. You kept hearing a pinging sound, you assumed it was your phone however upon checking you realized it wasn't your phone, but Zoro's.  You gave him a light shake, he opened his eyes for a moment and grumbled before pulling your duvet over his head.

Still, not a morning person I see, he's so cute when he's tired.

"Hey Zoro, I have to go. I'll leave you the house key on my table, just bring it by the cafe when you're done with your day. I'm going to be there a little later than usual."

"Mmmmrffff."

Not entirely sure if he heard you or not, you weren't willing to take the chance that he had; so you left a note on the table by his jacket along with your house key so he could lock up. Just before you were going to leave, you turned and smiled at the man in your bed.

If I was to make that deal with anyone I'm glad it was with you Zoro. That is if we don't find someone in the next 4 years.

You smiled on your way in reliving that kiss over and over again.

—2 hours later—

"Hey boss, this is the first time we aren't scrambling to get stuff out. How early did you get here anyway?" Barto came in to get the cleaning supplies needed for the outside. With fall in full swing, the leaves were a mess and needed to be swept. Pretty soon no one would want to sit outside unless there were space heaters there.

"I came in about 3, living closer to the cafe helps. I made sure to start the coffee cakes, and when the first batch was cooking I got everything cut up for the salad bar plus extras. We get so busy between 2 and 4 I figured this would help us out."

"I take it Koby and Helm have classes today?"

"Yeah, they're good kids."

"Hey they get their shit done and that's all I care about."

You smiled and stared at Barto, you realized how thin you'd stretched both yourself and him out by not hiring someone sooner. You felt guilt pang in your chest. You were lucky he hadn't tried to find a different employer.

"Hey Barto? You free later?" He stopped and gazed at you over his shoulder.

"Yeah..."

"It's your birthday tomorrow, right? But your off and I won't get to see you. I was hoping you'd like to go have dinner with me?"

His eyes went wide and you realized it sounded like you were asking him out on a date.

Smooth Y/N. Real smooth.