Chapter 27: Betrayals & Complicated Situations

Unknown number: be careful of the blackness, there are things that go bump in the night. Tread careful on the path you create. Trust few for you don't know who is a deceiver.

It been a week since You'd received that freaky text. You'd sent the screen shot of the text message to Detective Smoker, and he was now sitting at one of counter seats with you. It was mid day Friday, October and you were putting out your seasonal pastries and making the menus for the spooky season. Ace and Nami were decorating the store and Barto was putting out the seasonal merchandise.

"And this is the same number as before?"

"I don't know. I got a new phone and a new number so if it is I don't know how they're getting it. I only told my closest friends and family."

"Hmmm." You refilled his coffee and set down a sandwich in front of him, he smiled. "How're you feeling?"

"About this situation or are you talking about this?" You pointed to your growing belly and be laughed.

"Both?" He started digging into his sandwich and waited for you to answer.

"Being pregnant is strange. I'm getting extra big since there's two in here."

"THERE' TWO?!"

"Hahaha yeah, I had to get some maternity clothes already. But as far as everything else. I just want to stop feeling like I have to hide away for the rest of my life."

His gaze softened before patting your shoulder.

"Hopefully after the land goes up for sale, we'll be able to weed out possible suspects."

The land, that was another thing bothering you. Pops put it up for sale for 2 billion dollars, starting price, and evidently 6 people had made offers.

"Hopefully."

<6 hours later>

Work group chat:

You: So Koby and Helmeppo are going to be working the earliest shifts on Halloween next week. Ace and Nami will be doing the mid, and Barto and I will be closing.

Koby: don't you offer your store as a check point for the trick or treaters?

You: I do. But I also know that you all like to have fun, and Barto already volunteered. He won't be working the next four days because of court stuff. So he's making it up to all of you.

Helmeppo: will you two be able to handle all those kids on your own?

You: we did last year just fine.

Ace: I'll make sure to bring a big bag of candy 🍭

Nami: me too!!!

Helmeppo: I'll contribute.

Koby: so will I! 😁

Barto: sweet that means I don't have to 😅😂

You: remember there's no work for the next few days except for the deliveries and Ace and Barto are doing those: have a good extra days off guys ❤️

Nami: you are by far the best boss ever!

Ace: agree. Let me know how your doctors appointment goes. And good luck at the land sale. 👍

Barto: if you need any of us we're a phone call away 😁

You: love you guys good night.

Ping

Zoro ⚔️🗡: Hey 👋. How're you feeling today?

You: hey, I'm good. Can't wait for this morning sickness mess to stop. I miss eating my whatever I want 😓😫