Chapter 21: A helping hand

It had been a week since your break-in, between getting your insurance policy payout and your cafe cleaned up so new construction could get in to fix everything, your personal life became an absolute mess. You hadn't talked to Zoro in all that time, except for a few text messages letting him know that you were okay and letting him know that you missed him. He understood his last text had you feeling both really good about the start of your new relationship and really shitty at the same time.

Zoro ⚔️⚔️⚔️: Don't sweat it Y/N, your place was destroyed, and it is your livelihood of course you're focusing on that right now. I am moving onto the next phase of tournaments to get my teaching license. That's two months from now, if everything is a little calmer by then maybe you can come to that? Text me when you can!

"Why is he so fucking nice? I am being an absolute bitch!" You were at the cafe, waiting on the last assessment. If everything was okay with Shanks and the contractor, you'd be able to start work today, and it would be finished by the end of the month. Luckily the main structure was left intact, so it was mainly minor things that needed to be fixed. The biggest expense was going to be replacing all your equipment.

"Y/N-Chan!!" Shanks called you over. "Everything looks great! I gave the go ahead, let me know when you buy all your machines, and I'll send you a reimbursement check once you get everything bought just make sure you keep all your receipts, my advice would be to scan them and place them in a folder."

"Thanks Mr. Akagami." He frowned and then ruffled your hair.

"Don't call me that it makes me feel old! I've gotta get back to the office now sweetie try not to stress so much. I'll talk to you soon."

"Have a nice day. "

You decided to call Zoro, you got his voicemail, so you left him a brief message asking him if he wanted to do dinner. 

"Ms. Y/N, how is everything going?"

"Whoa!" You jumped and your phone went flying luckily the same man who scared you, also caught it.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He was trying to hold in a chuckle, failing but trying.

"No worries Mr. Charlotte. I startle very easily. It doesn't take much but thank you for rescuing my lifeline. I don't think I'd be able to handle another thing in my life falling apart." You ran your fingers through your hair and exhaled. The man next to you brought his hand down on your shoulder and gave you a good squeeze.

"I overheard you talking with Akagami. He's your insurance agent?"

"Ah yeah, I do. He's my best friends mentor I guess would be the appropriate word for it."

"Hmm, I also heard him say that he'd reimburse you for replacing all your equipment. Did you have a day that you wanted to do that?"

"Tomorrow is when I planned to go. Barto is coming with me. He feels restless not working."

"Where do you plan to shop?"

"The outlet mall in New World, that's where I ordered everything last time."

"May I join you? I can offer valuable advice as your business partner." The corners of his eyes squinted, indicating that he was smiling.

You almost refused right then and there. But you needed this business relationship to work out. Plus, Barto was going to be with you, it wouldn't be a date he would simply give his opinion, you'd have lunch and then leave.

"Alright. We're leaving around 8am so we can beat the afternoon rush. Our first store is going to be the appliance store."

"Very good I'll see you then."