Chapter 12: The Deal

Luckily there was a grill at the pool area and someone had already started the propane tank, Zoro asked the group if he could grill his steaks when they were done. They obliged. You were inside making the salad, and the baked potatoes. Your phone went off and to your surprise it was Perona, wanting to hang out. You sent a text back saying you'd do that next week, and then Zoro came back with a couple of really good looking pieces of meat. You couldn't help but laugh.

"What are you laughing at?"

"I was just thinking about a time in high school when people thought you and I were dating. Do you remember that?"

"Oh yeah huh? Why did they think that?"

"Cause we were really good friends and sometimes it seemed like we were flirting with each other when we would be messing with each other."

You giggled again, you got a lot of hate from the female students. But when you would tell them that you two were just really good friends and that Zoro acted that way with all of his friends they didn't believe you at first. But then they noticed you two not being overly intimate like most couples would be and that you two were never alone together. Luffy was always there and so was Ussop for the most part too.

Zoro went to go and retrieve the steaks from the grill and you got busy with setting the table. When that was done you sent a text to Barto asking him how the day went. What he text back made you shiver.

Barto: That Katakuri guy didn't really believe that you weren't here until we closed and he didn't see you leave. Careful with him boss. He weirds me out.

Not something you wanted to think about, but now you could say that you didn't need the Charlottes or their money and you sure as hell were not going to sell them the recipe for any amount of money either. They would be crazy if they expected that from you.

"Hey I think they're cooked perfectly...uh you okay?"

"Yeah just checking in on how the workday went. Seems like everything went okay there. I guess I didn't need to stress over it as much as I did."

Zoro palmed your shoulder and gave it a squeeze, his smile was soft but reassuring. 

"You've got all your friends who love you and would do anything to help you out. Hence the reason I thought it'd be good for you if I came over, we hung out, played a few games and I don't know maybe watched a movie?"

"That sounds awesome actually. Well everything is ready so what do you say we dig in?"

He smiled so wide you thought his eye would shut. 

Three hours later you'd flattened your bed, Zoro had put in a movie, and you regretted giving him the free will to pick what he wanted. He chose horror. You hated horror. Especially the ones that dealt with demonic possession, and he chose "The Exorcism."

You were huddled close to him your blanket covering your nose and mouth. You were too scared to close your eyes, and too scared to watch the movie. 

"I hate you!!! When does this movie end!!"

"Hahahaha c'mon Y/N, it's almost over. After this I'll watch whatever you want to watch."

"Really?? Okay I'll suffer through this a little more than."

Thirty minutes later Zoro looked in pain. You chose a romantic comedy, a genre he wasn't all that thrilled over either. It was "What to Expect when you're Expecting."

"Is that what it's like being pregnant?" He asked, like he was genuinely curious. 

"No clue I've never been pregnant before. Never had a scare either. I always carried a condom on me, and I made sure the guys I would sleep with understood that if there was no glove, they got no love."