Chapter 17: Enemies

You woke up early not unusual for you but sometimes you wished you could sleep in past 7am. But with your normal wake up time being around 4am every day you doubted that would ever happen.

But this morning was different. You were expecting a visitor, and from what you heard from Crocodile, he liked to catch people off guard. So in order to be a little more prepared, you already showered and got dressed for that day. Which consisted of an off the shoulder dark blue too, a lace cami, your favorite pair of jeans and your white Nike's.

The coffee was just starting to finish when a thunderous knock came at your door, you took a deep breath and opened it. Revealing the tall and handsome Doflamingo, he attire surprised you. He was wearing a simple black tshirt and blue jeans with black boots. He was leaning over the door frame and gave you one of his creepy smiles.

"Good morning Ms. Y/N."

"Good morning, please come in. The coffee is almost done." You stepped aside for him to come in. When he did he looked around humming to himself.

"I like the decor you've chosen."

"Thank you." You cut a few pieces of your coffee cake, and poured his coffee first than yours. "You don't check your tenants places ever?"

"Only if I get a complaint. That smells incredible." He sat across from you. "I bet you're curious as to why I am here."

"The thought may have crossed my mind." You offered him a slice and a small spoon. He took a bite and his eyebrows shot up.

"My my. This is good as Monet and Baby 5 said."

Monet? What the hell? This just got creepy.

"Oh so this is your first time trying it?"

"Indeed and I am pleasantly surprised. I honestly thought people were exaggerating." He continued to eat and drink.

"Sir may I ask why you wanted to talk to me so badly?" He wiped his face with a napkin, his creepy smile ever present on his face.

"I'll cut to the chase I want to buy your business and have you come work for me."

"Excuse me?"

"Your good. You were good real estate agent too. You had over 60% sales success, and now as a business owner, you've been able to secure an investor. Edward Newgate nonetheless. I'm still curious as to how you managed that."

This guy was stalking you? Seriously? You wanted nothing more than to ask him to leave. Your hands were getting clammy, and your heart was beating faster.

"He's my best friends dad. And he practically raised me as his daughter."

You watched his face and you saw his brow twitch. And his body shifted in his chair. It seems he wasn't fully expecting that answer.

"He invested 1 million with a condition that I could spend it however I saw fit and he is merely a financial advisor nothing more."

This only seemed to agitate him even more. You'd heard from Law the kind of business man Doflamingo was. He found small business that weren't doing well, bought them out and earned 25% of all earnings. With businesses that were a threat to him he simply annihilated.

"I see. And you're happy?"

"Yes why wouldn't I be? I can finally give my first employee a pay raise and a bonus, afford merchandise and hire on more people soni have more breathing room. I couldn't be happier."

"I see." He smoothed over his already smooth face before a smirk appeared. "A shame that Law couldn't fit in with your newly found success. From what Monet told me, you seemed on the fence about telling him until the last minute."

You tried not to show any emotion, but with everything that had happened between you and Law, the reminder of your failings and the result of those failings in the relationship still brought the threat of tears.

"Indeed. A real shame. You took another bit of your cake and drank some more coffee. He was watching every move you made. No wonder Law hated this guy.

A knock came to your door and you excused yourself.

"Y/N!!!! I'm here!!!" Luffy came into your apartment and went straight to the fridge. "Oh hi! You a friend of Y/N's?"

You wanted nothing more than to hug the male and kiss his cheeks that he was now stuffing with food. Doflamingo looked annoyed and rose from the table.

"It seems I came for nothing although the coffee cake was delicious. Goodbye Ms. Y/N, I'll be seeing you soon."

Please don't you creep.

After he left with a full mouth of food Luffy looked at you.

"Dif I oo omfing ad?" You assume he said 'Did I do something bad.' Either way he made you laugh.

"Nope today Luffy you had perfect timing!" He hugged him feeling all the tension leave your body, Luffy must've felt it too because he tentatively engulfed you in bear hug.

"What's with the love fest?" You heard Perona say at your door. You both giggled.

"I'll tell you on the way to brunch. C'mon we've gotta get Zoro before he tries to drive there himself."

You grabbed your keys and walked out the door.

<Doflamingo's POV>

Doflamingo was in a foul mood. He'd try to set everything up perfectly, go to her home during a time when she would have her guard down, charm her, seduce her a little bit and at the end of the day get what he wanted. A way into the Newgate family businesses.

But what he was met with was a confident young woman sure of herself, and guard up and ready for a fight. Even when he looked around her apartment it was in decent shape. Hell it was cleaner than his office. And the cake? When he heard that Big Mom corp had tried to get their hands on it and failed? He now saw why Linlin was searching through her non-interference construct for any loop hole to get it. He wanted to take the whole cake back with him.

"Young Master~" Monet called to him but he was in no mood for her.

"You told me she was still emotionally weak! You said that she and Law had slept together at the hospital! You said that you saw them coming together! What the hell happened?!"

He shouted and threw a glass sphere at her. The woman in question ducked, but was shaking.

"I did what you told me to I-I broke them up..."

"Do you realize that if she ever finds out about what her uncle left for her we're fucking screwed!!! Crocodile is already figured it out which is why he kept me at bay from her for all these years!"

"I d-don't know...she's had some of her friends over b-but from what I can tell she's just focusing on her business...but Doffy why is that land so important for us to have?"

"Silvers Rayleigh was many things. A liar and a fool was not one of them. He raised that little girl her first 12 years to have drive and determination. And God knows the moral compass she learned to have with WhiteBeard!! Fucker!"

That land was a gold mine of oil. Untapped and unused. He'd tried everything when the old fuck was alive to obtain it. In his will reading he left everything to one person. L/N Y/N. Whoever she married would have half of it. He'd tried to get her during her teen years, but Crocodile blocked him. When she was an adult, she'd started a relationship with his adoptive nephew Trafalgar Law. He'd been watching her for forever...and he would do anything to get her.

"Get Vergo on the phone. I need his help."

"But Doffy..."

"You've outlived your usefulness. Go back to your desk. Now!"

She left with tears in her eyes.

"Mufufufu I love a good chase." He licked his lips. And took out her file and looked through the potential males he would need to eliminate

Dundun!!! Boom we've met our first enemy! I was going to include something else in this chapter but I will save it for the next one!!! I know it was a short chapter the next one will be the usual length!

Stay safe and healthy!!!!