Chapter 30: Relationships

{1 year later}

"Mama mama! Up! Up!" 

Your little boy was sprouting he looked nothing like you except for his outgoing personality, he was 100% like his dad. He hated most bread, only eating what you personally baked, and of course the coffee cake. Today was his first birthday and his party was in the middle of a game.

"Uh oh. Are you playing tag with your uncles?"

"Mama safe zone!"

"Hahahaha are you sure about that?"

You blew kissed into his neck to tickle him his little giggle making your heart swell.

"Ah there you are Cora! No fair you made it Y/N! How are you so quick! You're only 1!" Luffy pouted. Your best friend loved his nephew and was always the first one to volunteer or watch him or play with him.

"Mama safe! Mama safe!" Sabo and Ace now entered the den and chuckled at Luffy's misfortune.

"How do you get outsmarted by a 1 year old?!" Ace laughed.

"It's not Luffy's fault, Cora is unusually bright and smart for his age."

It was true, Cora was incredibly intelligent for a 1-year old, but he was also friendly and approachable and played very well with kids his own age and kids who were just a couple of years older.

"Of course my son is smart!" Law came in, wearing his scrubs, coming home from his private practice.

"Dada Dada!" Cora squirmed out of your hold and ran to his Dad. Law happily scooped him up and hugged him close.

"Happy Birthday Corazon! You excited to open presents?"

"Piñata! Piñata!" Law shook his head.

"You hang out with Uncle Luffy way to much."

You laughed and looked at everyone. You heard the doorbell ring at your front door, when you opened it, Koby, Helm and Barto were at the door.

"Hey boss we late for the squirts birthday?"

"Nope he's in the shared den, there's food in the kitchen and games happening in the backyard."

They all hugged you and went to join the party with others. There was several kids from the daycare center that Cora went to 3 days a week and they were all having a blast. Before you could close the door, you were picked up and spun around, and then smooched on your cheek.

"Hey Zoro! I thought you weren't going to be able to make it?"

"And miss the little booger's birthday? Hell no!"

Zoro and your son had a great relationship, he loved that little boy. Your son had a lot of that, people who loved him. You were incredibly lucky to have so many people who cared for you surrounding you. How many people could say that?

"I take it the party is in the backyard?"

"Yep! He wants to do the piñata first and then cake and presents. He's a strange little kid sometimes."

"He gets that from his Mom. You gonna visit Sam?"

"Tomorrow I will. I want today to be a happy day for Cora. I'll introduce him to his brother tomorrow."

"You can always give him another one." Zoro's eyebrows wriggled causing you to blush.

"Ahem. I think Cora is calling me."

You heard Zoro laugh at you, you knew it was a talk to revisit. But not one you wanted to discuss on your son's birthday.

"Mommy! Play! Play! C'mon!"