Chapter 3: 1 week later

Saturday it was a day you opened later and closed earlier. It was also the day where Barto didn't work. You both would use Thursday and Friday to prepare for Saturdays because of the fact that you were usually alone. It saved on payroll, and it made the day go by that much faster.

You had boxes of donuts prepped and ready to go, sandwiches on the main floor and in the refrigerator in the back for when you needed to refill. Your coffee cake was a new best seller, and you'd made about 50 of them to cover for today. You'd also had cut up fruit for those who just wanted a little something to tide them over. Plenty of freshly baked bagels and plenty of coffee.

It'd been a week since you and Law broke up, funnily enough it made him more open and he asked how you were doing more now than he ever did when you were dating. You weren't sure if that was a tactic to try to get you back or try to transition to being friends a lot faster. Either way you played along but kept a good distance.

"Hey Y/N!" Ace came running in, all the guests turned to loo at him when he shouted but he never noticed. He also failed to notice the amount of women that were watching him.

"Hey Ace do you want your usual?"

"Huh oh sure yeah thanks. I also wanted to talk to you about something you mind me staying after you close?"

"I don't mind I'll even give you a free coffee and whatever you want to eat if you'll help me clean."

"Sweet sure thing."

You gave Ace his goodies than went around the corner to turn off the coffee makers that were empty. While you were doing that a familiar face came in. It was the giant redhead who'd come in the week before. Only this time he was by himself.

"Hello again." You said with a smile. "What can I get ya?" He stared at you and smirked, it was a little unsettling but you tried not to show it.

"I wanted to buy you out of the rest of your donuts and sandwiches and if you have a to go case for coffee along with some to go cups."

What now? I don't have a to go case for coffee. Something to consider though.

"I can help you with the bagels and sandwiches but I don't have a to go case for coffee unfortunately. How about this I give you half off for everything you buy since I caused you to have to go somewhere else for coffee?" Instead of being upset that he wasn't getting everything he wanted he gave you a thumbs up.

By the time you'd helped him with everything it was 5 minutes til closing. No one was coming and you had pastries that were going to needed to be thrown out.

"Do you like coffee bread?" He turned to you while getting his wallet out.

"I don't know it sounds way to sweet."

"How about I give you a sample piece to try if you don't like it no harm done, I just don't want to throw it away it seems like a waste." He shrugged his shoulders while swiping his card through the machine.

"Why not." Your secret to your coffee cake was a layer of bitter coffee whip cream that helped balance out the sweetness. It was the reason why it flew off the shelves as quickly as it did. When he bit into it he wasn't really paying attention, the moment the taste registered to his tongue his eyes went wide and he looked at you surprised.

"Holy shit that's awesome. I usually hate this kind of crap but this is seriously good." You giggled the sound not going unnoticed by Ace who was enjoying a whole coffee cake to himself. Nodding in agreement.

"Right man? She only recently brought this out it's a best seller now."

"Thanks Ace, here Kid I'll give you three of the five I have left. On the house and I'll look into getting a to go case of coffee too."