Chapter 9: Becoming too much

"Y/N!!!! Please let me work here!!!! I'll do anything please!!!!!" Nami had been pestering you about a job since the amusement park. It was the night of your reopening. You, Barto, Ace and your two new employees, Koby and Helmeppo were setting up making sure everything was good to go. You even offered to hire Nami for the night.

"Nami, I can't I don't have it in the budget to hire you. If everything goes well after tonight, I may be able to hire you after 4 months."

"What am I supposed to do until then??!!!"

"Make up with Nojiko?" She gave you a look telling you that wasn't going to happen. This is the longest that the sisters had fought, when you tried to text Nojiko she said Nami would need to make the first move in the reconciliation.

"Hey boss, I have a surprise for you-dabe! Me and Ace had these made up for everyone!" Barto came in with a box, when you opened it you saw t-shirts. They were brown, v-neck, with your cafe name on them, with the coffee cake and a cup of coffee on them. You got emotional.

"Wait you guys...you made these for me?" You looked at the men. They got a little embarrassed, and scratched their cheeks.

"Yeah, we know that it's been tough for you lately, and that you've been busy so we got everyone's sizes, even Nami's and had 5 shirts made for everyone. If you want to take your business to the next level, we thought we the staff should reflect that." Ace came over to hug you. "Plus you're like my little sister and I want you succeed, and you gave me a job when no one else would."

Koby and Helmeppo went to the men's room to change while Nami, went into the girls bathroom, Ace and Barto went to the kitchen and you waited for the bathroom to be free. When everyone was changed, the doors were unlocked and you began what was easily one of the busiest days of your life.

<Three hours later>

"Boss the salad bar is running low, we need a whole thing of lettuce, two tomato bins, and three of the dressings need to be refilled."

"Got it. Just let me put these coffee cakes in the oven, and I'll bring the replacements out." He nodded and went back to the front. The second you opened the doors, it was busy. Helmeppo was in charge of filling the online orders and checking them out when they came to pick up. Koby was in charge of the self-serve coffee machines, keeping the main floor clean and letting Barto know when something needed to be refilled for the salad bar, Ace was in charge of the outdoor area, along with cleaning the bathrooms every hour and helping Nami out at the cash register. Nami would call out tickets and help guests with items behind the counter. You were in the back making sure you had enough product for everything. With your coffee cakes, salad bar, donuts and bagels running out faster and faster. And apparently, people had asked if you were going to sell merchandise with your new company logo on it. You said you would consider it, then proceeded with your day.

"Um Miss Y/N?" Helm looked nervous.

"What's wrong?"

"We got an online order for 500 coffee cakes. For someone named Katakuri."

"Excuse me? When does he want them?"

"Tonight...by 6pm."

With your new hours you were open until 7pm. But you weren't going to be able to make that many coffee cakes before then. Each cake took an hour and 45 minutes to complete.

"I'll call him and explain that I can make 20, but he would need to give us at least three day notice for that many."

You took out the business card from your locker and started to dial the number on it, all while chopping up some lettuce, to help refill everything for the salad bar. After a few rings a deep voice answered.