Chapter 26: The Boogeyman

"So you couldn't get her medical records is what you're telling me?" Doffy was grumpy and pushed off.

"That Crocus guy is unfortunately very shrewd, he knew all the questions to ask, and the legal knowledge to keep me away. And a judge isn't just going to give me a warrant cause I tell him you need it. Our contact from the DA's office was flushed out after Diez and Smoker started their investigations against us."

"Shit, okay see if you can bribe a staff member or something. I'll call you back later Vergo. Don't work too hard."

He hung up, nothing was going right. It'd been two months, she'd given power of attorney to Whitebeard and he still had her at his house. He'd paid for her to get out of her lease early and made sure she was guarded at all times. With some of his contacts that were still active Mafia going to the cafe all day. They looked like regular customers and they all seemed to enjoy their time there.

What baffled him was Law, that brat Zoro and Katakuri were still hanging around her. Big Mom was a big fan of her kids being married to secure the things that she wants, but it seemed Katakuri genuinely liked her and wasn't just doing this because his mom told him to. Did he know she was pregnant?

"I will get what I want. One way or another. Mufufufufu." He took out the photo that Vergo stole, the smile you gave was one of pure joy, he traced your face on it. "I wonder if sex is any better when a woman is pregnant..."

<Reader's POV>

"Ms. Y/N? Are you feeling okay?" Koby came in the back and quickly came to your side.

"Yeah sorry, I just got out of the bathroom. I got onions, tomatoes, carrots and more dressings made. But I couldn't get the chicken grilled."

"I'll let Barto-San know. Do you need to sit down? Do you want Nami-San to make you another smoothie?"

"No, just some water. And do you mind checking the online orders?"

He gave you his signature comforting smile, and went to get Barto first and then checked the orders.

"Hey boss, just need to make the chicken?"

"Yeah sorry I tried to get it done."

"Boss, you did 85% of all the prep while you felt like shit-dabe. I want you to focus on the prep work, and making the coffee cakes. Trafalgar, was very specific about you relaxing while you had morning sickness-dabe."

You chuckled and took out your tooth brush and tooth paste from your purse. Dr. Crocus told you that you would save yourself a lot of dental work as long as you kept up your dental hygiene while pregnant.

Law called you everyday checking on you. He was busier these days, you had no idea why. You had been reading a lot of pregnancy books, and tried to speak to your babies everyday. Law informed you that babies know their parents' voices when they're born. When he told you that you made sure Law talked to them too at least 30 minutes everyday. Sometimes that meant he was on speaker while you held the phone to your belly.

"Hey Ms. Y/N we got an order for 60 coffee cakes for Mr. Katakuri..."

"He told me he'd be placing that order ahead of time. I already have 40 done, the rest should be done in three hours. Having those newer ovens has helped."

"Hell yeah it has-dabe! We no longer have to have a timesheet for what needs baking as priority, those things are hug! And I gotta say boss. I'm liking the bathroom back here too, and the island table with the chairs. Makes taking a break a lot easier-dabe."

Indeed the improvements to your cafe were amazing. The new ovens, self-serve coffee machines, and you rarely ran out of your breads, pastries or cakes. You'd also had two computers for online orders, and now had two registers. One was the normal one, and another one Pops had paid for. It was a self service one that was meant for pre made items. Your sales had more than doubled with the newer added appliances to your cafe.