Chapter 11: A day with Pops & unexpected encounter

"So young lady, what would you like to do today? Anything at all you just name it." Pops was driving his favorite truck, normally he drove his nicer Cadillac but whenever he didn't have to be anywhere for work he drove his monster of a truck.

"I don't know Pops. I didn't really think about it. Last night Law and I talked and I went home to sleep." No way in hell were you telling him that you'd slept with Law, he was in a good mood.

"I see and how did that go?" He looked at you in the corner from the corner of his eye. You knew he was just concerned, but you didn't want to think about men.

"It went alright but I'd rather just catch up with you Pops. I feel like I haven't seen you in years."

"Gurararara I feel the same. How about we get our favorite clam chowder in that small town we went to for your 17th birthday." Your heart swelled.

"You remembered?"

"Hell I tried to get that old man to give me his recipe, even offered to buy it from him old coot was stubborn. We ended up being poker buddies, bastard always won. I'm convinced to this day he cheated every single time."

"Hehehe or maybe you were just bad at poker?"

He made a face letting you know that he didn't think that was the reason. But said nothing more on the subject.

Arriving at the little beach town you smiled and for once you forgot about any and all adult responsibilities. And just enjoyed the view, cause like always whenever you would come here Pops parked at the very top of the hill so you could enjoy your time walking through the town.

"What's on the agenda missy?"

"How about lunch? I'm starving and the seaside restaurant is opened."

"I was hoping you'd say that gurararara!"

You walked down the hill, and as you passed by old and new storefronts you reminisced with the old man about coming here back in high school and when you went to junior college.

You felt your phone vibrate in your pocket, you thought it might be Barto saying something happened, but you were surprised to see Zoro's name and face show up on the text notification.

Zoro⚔️🗡: hey I went to the cafe they said you took a day off? Wanna hang out?

You☕️: hey Zoro, I'm actually hanging out with Pops, but if you want to come by later with the gang you can 😁

Zoro is typing...

Zoro⚔️🗡: sounds like a plan 👍

After that you didn't hear from Zoro or anyone else for the rest of the day. You and Pops had, had a very hearty lunch which was followed by a nice hot cup
of coffee.

"I like the coffee from your place better. Who's your supplier?"

"A family owned farm in West Blue. His name is Bege he and his wife started the business 20 years ago. I've met them while Mr. Bege reminds me of someone who would play in the God-Father his wife was wonderful. They get 7% of all my coffee sales."

"I've done business with Bege before. His wife is Charlotte Linlin's daughter but they don't have a good relationship."

"You said you were going to tell me about the Charlotte family. I know you were business partners but with the Rox group but not much else."

Suddenly the old man who you'd come to love as your father sat a little straighter and his brow frowned a little more.

"What do you know about the Charlottes?"