Part 1.

PUBLISHED FEB 2, 2021

EDITED NOV 14, 2022

I woke up at 8:00am to a phone call coming through my phone. I mean, I should be used to it at this point as it is how I wake up every morning. I pick up my phone and to no surprise, it was a call from Scott (Smajor1995).

"Hey Madz!" He said as soon as I answered the phone call. Scott was one of the only people that I played video games with that called me by my actual name, due to the fact that he was the first person that I've met online and he was pretty much a brother figure to me. He was my alarm in the mornings, even if I had nothing to do that day.

"Good morning Scott." I replied quickly before a small yawn escaped my mouth. 
"I think that you're forgetting it's like 3:00pm here, and that it's not the morning." He said to me with a slight chuckle afterwards. I'm glad that he was wide awake.

"Well, I'm sorry that you call me in the mornings. But I should be used to this by now. YOu do it every morning, and you have for months." I chuckled at my reply and sat up in bed before quickly stretching. I grabbed my AirPods from my bedside table and connected them to my phone. 

"So I know that I call you every morning just to wake you up, and to check on your, but there is an actual reason today." Scott started saying as I began to walk down the stairs of my house and into the kitchen. My house was empty, as usual. Mum's probably off doing whatever it is that she does for work and dad left when he found out mum was pregnant. 

"Scott, please just get to the point. Also, is waking me up in the mornings not enough of a reason to talk to me?" I scoff and put my hand to my heart even though he couldn't see me. I laughed at my actions and then calmed down to hear what he had to say.

"Okay well, I know that I probably should have said this sooner because you're my best friend and I know how much you want this and practise for it. So I was wondering if you would like to have a spot in MCC next week?" 

He asked me and i dropped my phone on the kitchen counter which made a very loud noise. 
"Wait, you mean The Minecraft Championships? The ona that you and every other famous Minecraft YouTuber plays every month?" I asked with one of the largest smiles on my face.

"Maddy, come on, you know that I mean that one. It will be really fun and give you a chance to talk to people outside of our small littler group. Maybe join some new servers if you're lucky." He just kept talking and all I could do was smile. My heart was racing and I was internally screaming.

"Scott, you know that I'm going to say yes! I can't believe that I'm going to have the chance to play with and against famous Minecrafters! Not to mention basically everybody that I look up to. This is so incredible!" I was basically screaming, and not internally this time. 

I was starting to calm down by this point but I still couldn't get rid of the smile that was on my face. 
"so uhh, do you wanna play some Among Us and stream it with me later? I managed to get a great group of people but I still need one more person?" He asked me after only a few seconds of silence. At this point I wasn't really thinking straight because of the previous question but I managed to start making my my smoothie.

After a few more seconds of silence I heard Scott say my name again and I snapped out of my thoughts.
"Uhhhh, sure I'd love to play. I needed an idea for my stream today anyway. Can I get to know who with?" I asked once my smoothie was ready and I started walking back upstairs.

"About that. I kind of want it to stay a surprise because you'll love it. So let's say in like two hours you start your stream and I'll send you the link for the Discord server now so you can join before everyone else to keep it a surprise. " He said with a smile on his face and then sent me a discord link to the server. He quickly said goodbye and then, ended the call.