Part 19.

PUBLISHED JAN 10, 2022

EDITED JAN 8, 2023

Maddy's POV

I walked up the stairs of the house after having Toby clam me down. When I looked up from the ground I saw Tommy coming out of Scotts room. Toby told me that if I was having trouble with anything then Scott would be the best person for me to talk to about it. 

I tried to smile to Tommy but I couldn't. He smiled back at me and then walked into his room. I wonder what he was talking to Scott about? I knocked on the bedroom door and heard Scott tell me to come in so I did.

"Scott I need to talk to you." My voice was still shaky and he just looked at me. 
"What's going on Madds?" He asked and walked my over to his bed so I could sit down. 

"So I've had so much fun here and I want to stay here forever because if I leave then I'm just going to miss everyone to much but I can't stay because I have nowhere to go and I still have so much stuff at home." And just like that, the tears were flowing down my face. 

I didn't expect Scott to be able to do anything about it, I just felt as though I needed to tell him. If I don't go home at least once then I won't be able to say goodbye to my mum, drop out of my school even though I am not technically old enough to drop out yet but that doesn't matter. 

I have everything at my house that I have to get and I don't even know if my mum will let me come back after leaving without even saying anything. I mean I left the country without her even knowing about me going anywhere. Well it's not like she's tried to contact me so why am I even worried about it? 

"Maddy. I am not pressuring you to move here, that was never my intention. If you want to go home tomorrow then I will book a plane ticket for you and let you go. Of course somebody else will have to go with you because I am not letting you go on a plane by yourself, under no circumstances will that ever happen."

"Scott I don't want to leave but I have things back in Australia that I have to take care of first. Maybe if I go home in a few days and stay there for a little while to get everything sorted out. Besides I'm not sure my mum will even let me leave the house ever again." 

I was getting kind of home sick which is something strange that I have never had to deal with in my life ever. Maybe it was because I knew I would have to leave everyone and so my brain thought to get the painful part over and done with?

"I mean I am only 15 Scott. I will have plenty of opportunities to come back here, just maybe when I know that I have a place to go when this trip is over and once everybody goes back to their respected houses." 

I was sad to leave but I knew that I would be back here. It didn't matter if it was in a few months or a few years, I will come back here and see everyone again.
"Well it's your decision Maddy. You do what feels right." He stood up and wrapped his arms around me for a hug.

"This is what I want for now. Saying goodbye is going to be hard but it's not going to be forever." He let go of me and looked me in my eyes.
"Well then I will book you a plane ticket while you figure out how to tell the others that you're leaving soon." 

I nodded my head and stood up from where I was sitting on the bed. I left the bedroom and then walked towards the room that I was sharing with Niki to tell her the news. 
"Hey Niki you in here? I need to talk to you about something important." 

I figured that Niki should be the first person I will this to. I mean I am the closest with her other than Scott. 
"Yeah I'm in here Maddy. What is it?" She asked me once I walked in the room and sat down on the bed next to her.

I took a deep breathe and looked her in the eyes.
"I'm going back to Australia in a few days. And it's going to be for a while." Niki didn't say anything to me, she only hugged and comforted me about my decision. 

"I'm going to miss you Maddy. I promise I will visit you in Australia and one day get you away from that house." She was crying and I felt bad. Neither of us thought that I would be leaving this early on or with this much of short notice. 

I don't think that anybody planned on leaving for a while. I mean everyone was in one place and we were all so happy with just being together. I mean I was happy and leaving hurt me but again, I miss things from back home. 

"I'm gonna miss you to Niki. I wish I could stay here for the rest of the day and cry with you but I have to tell everyone else." The two of us let go of each other and tried to wipe our tears away but it didn't quite work.

"C'mon, I'll go with you." We both stood up and left the bedroom. We made sure that everyone was in the living room so I didn't have to go up to everyone separately and crying.
"So, as much as I hate having to tell you all this, I am going back home in a few days. I made it quite dramatic honestly but I really didn't care.

I said it but everyone's smiles and happy faces quickly turned into frowns and looks of confusion. I looked over and Tommy wasn't even looking at me, he was instead staring at the ground and I could tell he was hurt by this. 

"I really want to stay but there is too much that I would just be leaving behind in Australia. I mean I'll come and visit everyone but for now I have to think about everything." And the tears came back, it was really a sad day full of tears and emotions. 

Today all I was doing was crying. I knew that I would have to leave eventually but I never thought it would happen this soon. It's been a month which I know is pretty long but not when everyone else was planning on staying for longer.

Everybody was upset and for the rest of the day we didn't know what to do so we just kind of hung out and talked. I was trying to spend as much time as I could with everybody but some people didn't quite want to do that and were trying to stay away from me so they didn't get any more hurt. 

Well, not some, just one. Tommy. I tried to talk to him so many times but he would just walk away with his head down and a pout on his face. I mean yeah I'm upset that I am leaving as well but put on a smile while I'm here at least?