Part 20.

PUBLISHED JAN 23, 2022

EDITED JAN 8, 2023

Tomorrow was the day that I was going back home. Scott booked my plane ticket and I already had everything packed. I've tried to talk to Tommy so many times because he has just been ignoring me but he just keeps walking away. I really don't want to leave with us being upset at each other. 

I walked out of my room and saw Tommy walking into his. Now would be my only chance to talk to him. I walked over and knocked on his door.
"Hey Tom, are you in there?" I ask and got no response.

"I know you're there, I saw you walk into the room, and I'm not going away until you talk to me!" I yelled through the door. After a while the door slowly opened and I saw Tommy going to sit back down on his bed. I walked into the room and sat on the bed next to him.

For a few minutes neither of us say anything because I honestly didn't think that I would get this far and he really doesn't want to talk to me. 
 "Why are you leaving?" He asked me out of nowhere and I couldn't look him in the eyes.

"I wish I could stay but there are so many things back home that I need to do. Plus I don't really have anywhere to stay after this trip would be over anyway." Talking to Tommy seemed to be the most nerve racking thing I could do.

"I just don't understand. I thought you liked it here? I thought you wanted to stay?" He looked up at me and I looked over to see the tears in his eyes threatening to spill and the dark bags underneath them.

He looked like he hadn't slept in days, which is the same with me if I'm being honest.
"I do like it here Tom, and I really wish I could stay hones-" 
"Then stay here! W-we can figure something out!" He was now full on crying. Now I know why he had been avoiding me, and knowing so, I would have done the same thing.

"I'm going to come back, and soon I promise. It's only for a little while so I can get everything sorted out." Tears were now falling down my cheeks and I had to look back at the ground. We fell silent again, neither of us wanting to finish the conversation.

"I'm gonna miss you Maddy. I'm gonna miss you a lot." Tommy whispered so quietly that I could hardly hear it but I couldn't miss it.
"I'm gonna miss you to Tom." I never wanted this conversation to happen but it had to. I looked at him and just wrapped my arms around his shoulders as tight as I could without hurting him.

His arms instantly wrapping around my torso, and us both leaning into the hug as much as we could. He was so warm and I never wanted to move in fear of losing him completely. Tommy had become my best friend over this time and I didn't want to leave him but I knew that we would see each other soon.

We didn't let go of each other for a while and when we did, I felt how cold it was away from him. Tears staining both of our cheeks but we just sat there again. I didn't want to move but insisted that instead of sitting on the edge of the bed that we lie down and put a movie on to calm us both down.

He agreed and so we both lied down under the covers of his bed and put a movie on the TV to distract us from what was happening tomorrow. It was pretty late in the day already and everyone was dreading tomorrow but we couldn't change it now.

Tommy put on some movie quietly so it wasn't too loud and we just laid there not really paying attention to it. Halfway through the movie I felt tired and I felt comfortable and safe next to Tommy so I fell asleep.

I curled up and turned so I was on my side and huddling up towards Tommy. My head on his chest and his arm around me. It didn't take very long for me to fall asleep because of how comfortable I was. 

THIRD PERSON POV

Tommy looked at the girl that just fallen asleep on him for a few seconds admiring her face. She had really grown on him and Tommy really didn't want her to leave. He wasn't sure how he would feel when she was gone but he knew that he was going to spend as much time with her while he could, which at this point was not as long as he would like. 

Tommy thought it would be a good idea to ignore Maddy because it would hurt him too much to talk to her knowing that she was leaving. It probably wasn't his smartest idea but he was just following what his head told him to do.

Soon enough he fell asleep as well. Downstairs everyone else was just sitting on the couch, none of them wanting to go to sleep because it meant that they would have to say goodbye to Maddy quicker. Well it would feel a whole lot quicker.

Niki was the first to say she was going to bed but when she walked upstairs and into her room she noticed something. Maddy wasn't in her bed and that was when she started to worry. None of them had seen her for a few hours because they all assumed that she was in her room. 

Niki walked back downstairs and was stressing majorly.
"Guys, Maddy isn't in her bed. I don't know where she's gone." Niki said more calmly then you would expect somebody to.

"She can't have gone very far. None of us heard anybody come down or go up the stairs since Tommy went up there two hours ago." Will said and then realized what he just said.
"I know where she is." He explained and everyone just followed him upstairs and to his room.

Will quietly and slowly opened the bedroom door to reveal the two sleeping teenagers next to each other with The lion King playing quietly on the TV.
"How did you know she was going to be here?" Nick asked him while Alex snuck to the front of the group and took a few sneaky photos with hiss phone seeing as nobody else was planning on doing it. 

This made a few people chuckle and he defended himself quite quickly.
"What? This may never happen again. C'mon everyone was thinking it, I'm the only one that was actually going to do it." He stood back up and walked out of the doorframe.
"Can you send me them?" Scott whispered to him and Alex came him a quick nod with a smile.

"So what happened for the two of them to end up like this?" George asked and Wilbur had yet another answer. He always had an answer for something. 

"Tommy has been avoiding Maddy since she said that she was leaving. He didn't want anybody to see him upset so he just didn't talk about it. I'm guessing she told him that they needed to talk and so they did." 

Wilbur summed everything up almost perfectly like he always does.
"They must have had a very heartfelt conversation for it to end up like this." Karl said with a smile. Everyone knew what was going on between the two teenagers that were sleeping the bed. Everyone except themselves.