Part 29.

PUBLISHED JULY 19, 2022

EDITED JAN 9, 2023

 I woke up and got out of my bed about 30 seconds ago and somebody is already knocking on the door to my house. I was still half asleep when I opened the door so I think I ruined the surprise that it was meant to be. 

"Scott what are you doing here this early in the morning." I said and casually let him into my house as if it were a regular thing to do. It took a while to register in my head that Scott was here, in my house, again.

"Wait- What are you doing here at all?" I asked with a little more life in my voice. 
"Well I noticed that you are pushing everyone away again, including me, and seeing as I couldn't reach your phone for various reasons. I thought it would be a better idea to come here in person and talk to you." 

He was saying everything so casually as if this was something that he did on a regular basis.
"You flew half way across the world because I am having problems with my friends?" I questioned and let him come inside.

"Well I didn't come alone... again." Are we really having a repeat of last time. I thought we were past this point in our friendship but apparently not. 

"Scott, please don't tell me we are going on a surprise trip across the world again. I am not prepared to do that again. I've missed enough school as it is and I'm failing as well. You're lucky it's the weekend, but if it were a school day I still wouldn't be there."

I scolded him as we walked to my bedroom.
"No, I promise you aren't going on another surprise holiday. I brought people here because we thought it would be nice to be in Australia and hang out with you where you're from." One thing that annoyed me with Scott was that I could never tell when he was lying or not. He learnt how to hide that early on. 

"Can I know who it is this time? Also where are they? 'Cause if my mum comes home and finds a bunch of strangers/adults in her house with her 15 year old kid, then she might have a fit." Scott was lucky that it was the morning and that mum went to work even though she knew him already.

"No you cannot know who they are. That part is always going to be a surprise, and don't worry. Your mum isn't going to come home to strangers living in her house. Because she knows who it is." 

Scott just smirked at me and my mouth dropped. My friends would be living in my house with me for god knows how long and my mother was okay with it. I swear she changes her mind on things every 10 minutes. 

"And when did you have time to set all of this up?" I swear I was going to murder him. First he springs a surprise trip on me, and a few months later he just randomly brings my friends to my house and decides that they are going to live with me. 

"While you were busy not trying to fix your relationships with people. Which by the way, I have cleared everything up with those three for you seeing as you weren't going to." 
"No, I was. I just didn't know what to say, how to say it or when would be a good time to do it." 

Yeah I see what he means now. I was never gonna do that.
"So they weren't talking shit about me?" I questioned after a moment in my own thoughts.
"NO Maddy! They would never do that to anyone, and you should know that." Scott was laughing at me for being so dumb.

"Well sorry that I'm an over-thinker! God, you would think that you know me better than that Scott." I was embarrassed for feeling so dumb and I knew that he was right about everything. I was overthinking everything, and I know that those boys would never say anything bad about anybody.

"I do know you better than that. Hence the reason that I'm here. I couldn't let you be sulking and alone when it's getting into the summer months of the year. How are you wearing a hoodie right now, it's like 25° outside." Scott pointed out that I was still in Tommy's hoodie.

I kind of forget that I was wearing it because I was living in it. 
"Because I'm not outside Scott. I'm inside, and inside is cold so that I can wear a hoodie." It was one of the most obvious things ever. I mean, sometimes I think he's dumber than me but only for specific reasons.
"Okay whatever. Nevermind that now. Come with me." 

he stuck his hand out for me to grab and I did so with a LOT of hesitation. It's Scott, you can never estimate what his next move was going to be. He could be wanting to kill me and I wouldn't have any clue on it.
"Do I have to close my eyes?" We were walking out of my room and I thought that I would just ask the precautionary questions. Just to be safe.

"Uhh, yes." He thought about it for a moment but was then set on me having my eyes closed so, I did as he told and covered my eyes wit my other hand. I took a deep breathe and started walking behind Scott with him still guiding me so I didn't run into anything.

It was my house, you would expect me to know my way around while blindfolded. But no, turns out it's a lot harder to navigate around when you can't exactly see where you are going. I heard him open the front door and that was when I was getting nervous. 

The door closed behind me and all of a sudden Scott let go of my hand and told me to stay where I was and with my eyes closed. 
"Scott, you know I hate when you do this!" I yelled at him, wherever he walked away too.

It was a good thing we didn't live in town because it meant I didn't have to deal with complaints from neighbors about how loud I was being. 
"Just wait a few minutes longer Madz! Jeez you're so impatient!" He yelled to me from really far away.

Oh god, was he just going to leave me outside of my house for no reason? What other things could go horribly wrong other than him murdering me or locking me out of my house. I don't think there was anything else.

After a few more minutes I heard someone walk up to me again. I was really hoping that it was Scott because if it wasn't, then something bad was about to happen.
"Alright Echo are you ready?" Scott asked me and my head snapped towards where his voice was coming from when I heard my name.

He's really making a YouTube video out of this? He couldn't wait a few more hours until I was almost fully awake.
"Yeah I'm ready. I've been ready for like 10 minutes." I laughed to keep me calm and I heard the gravel move again.

"Okay I've walked a little further away from you-"
"Wow, it's almost as if I didn't hear you walking around." I interrupted and I don't think he was very happy with me.

"Right sorry, continue." I put my arms at my sides as if I got in trouble and waited.
"Alright, I'm gonna count down from 3 and when I get to 1 you can open your eyes. And I swear to god Echo, if you are peeking, I will murder you." 

"I'm not! I promise!" And just to be sure I moved my hands so they were covering my eyes again. 
"Okay in 3..... 2..... 1..... You can open your eyes now!" 

I uncovered my eyes and almost burst into tears.