Part 22.

PUBLISHED JAN 29, 2022

EDITED JAN 8, 2023

Being back in Australia was strange after spending all that time in England with everyone else, and even though I only got back a few days ago, I missed them all so much. I didn't think it would hit me as hard as it has. 

Seeing as it was now October, I of course had to go back to school because I didn't give Scott permission to talk to my mum about dropping out. I was not looking forward to seeing everyone again. I didn't talk to anybody from school while I was gone but no doubt they followed everything anyway.

The first day that I went back to school was a nightmare. I got double the amount of looks I would usually get because I disappeared for a solid month without telling the school or literally anybody there because there was no point in it. 

I walked onto the school grounds from getting off the bus and had my headphones on playing music as loud a I possibly could. I walked to my locker, put all of my things away and then went to the library so I could have some peace and quiet. 

I quickly rang Tommy because I still had 20 minutes until I had to get to my class and he answered with a smile.
"Hey Madds! How is everything going?" He asked and I just smiled showing that it wasn't going great. I really needed to talk to him. 

"How about you get through the day and then call me as soon as you possibly can?" He asked and I nodded my head.
"As soon as I get on that bus I am ringing you and I don't care if you are awake or not, you have to answer me okay?" 

I asked him and he gave me a reassuring smile before quickly handing the phone to everyone else so I could say hello before getting his phone back and hanging up. I put my music back on and just took a deep breathe, taking in the school building.

As soon as school let out, I put my headphones back on and raced to the bus stop. After 5 minutes my bus showed up and there were only three kids getting on, me being the oldest so I got the entire back row to myself, meaning I didn't have anyone to bother me.

I quickly rang Tommy again and he was in his bed but still had a smile on his face. 
"Tom it was horrible. People just kept asking me 'where did you go?', 'why did you come back?' and so many other fucking dumb questions."

"Hey, at least you made it through the day and you've only got two more months left." He assured me and I agreed with him.
"Yeah that's two months to many." I joked and made him laugh. God I missed his laugh so much. 

"I'm not going back there. I'll do all of my work from home and have you guys help me if I need to." I stated and soon enough the bus ride was over. 
"I gotta go Tom, there is horrid reception from getting off the bus to my house. I'll talk to you in a little bit." 

We said goodbye and I walked into the house with Sirius jumping at me for food. I quickly fed him and went straight to my room. It was so boring being by myself after being with so many people.

I was sitting in bed just scrolling through Insta when I heard Sirius barking at the door. He never barked at anything.
"Mum is that you?" I yelled out and then walked out of my room to see her standing there in front of me with a dude I had never seen before.

She hasn't been here since a week before I got home, the calendar in the kitchen hadn't been crossed off when I got back. 
"Maddy! When did you get back?" She asked and hugged me. I knew that part of her cared and hearing her say something caring made me feel weak.

I hugged her back as hard as I could.
"A few days ago." I replied once we let go of each other.
"You should have rang me, I would've come and picked you up from.... well I don't really know where you went." She sat there thinking.

"It's fine honestly mum. I called aunt Stacy and she picked me up." I was stuttering, I mean she clearly didn't know that I left the country and I hod no idea how she would feel once I told her. 
"You were gone for so long. What was it? Just over a month? Where did you go anyway?" 

I honestly couldn't tell if she actually cared or if she was just getting my hopes up.
"If I tell you, can you promise not to get mad at me?" I asked slowly, very scared of what her reaction would be if I told her the truth.

I mean the worst thing she could do was ground me and she wasn't here often enough to care anyway. She nodded her head with a smile while the stranger was still just standing there next to her.

"So you know how you talked to my friend Scott?" I asked and she nodded her head again waiting for me to continue.
"Well he took me to England to meet all of the people I've been online friends with for a few years. They would have came here but it was cheaper for everyone if we went there because more people live there." 

I was so nervous about how she would react, that I said everything as fast as I could but for her to still understand what I was saying.
"You went to England for a month and didn't tell me?" She questioned and I nodded my head.

"Nothing bad happened to you?" I shook my head and looked her in the eyes.
"Well then I'm not mad. If something bad happened to you then I would have been mad and worried." I was very surprised at how she was acting.

She either had some sort of medication to make her act like this or somebody is helping her. I mean I was gone for so long so something might have happened while I was gone.
"She went to a different country without your permission and you're not mad at her?!" 

The man standing next to my mum almost went off his head. I still had no idea who he was but nobody yells at me or my family like that.
"Calm down Sebastian. She's been looking after herself for years so I am pretty sure she is capable of going places on her own." Mum defended me against the stranger and my jaw dropped.

I was so confused at what was going down and who the hell was in front of me. 
"Maddy honey, this isn't the way I wanted you to meet him, or well, more like see him again." My brain felt like it was fried by this point.

"Mum, what do you mean?" My heart was racing.
"This is Sebastian Callahan. He's your father." I stood there in shock. I was staring right into the eyes of my dad who, not long ago was yelling at me for looking after myself.

My head was pounding and I didn't know what to think. After 15 years of growing up basically without any parents I now had two that were right in front of me.
"So why is he here?" I simply asked seeing as I didn't really know how to react.

"That's all you have to say?" He asked with a very strong and scary tone of voice.
"Well what do you want me to do?! Run and give you a bloody hug?! I only just met you, plus I also just found out that you're my father and I don't even know anything about you." Now I was mad.

She was only being nice to me so she seemed like a good mother in front of him Way to get my hoped up mum.
"May I go back to my room now or is there anything else you want to throw at me?" I turned to look at my mum and she shook her head allowing me to go back to my room but as I was about to turn around my so called 'dad' started talking again.

"No you may not! You can not yell at your father and expect to be able to walk away as if nothing happened!" He was yelling at me as if he has known me for my entire life.
"You do not get to yell at me! And you do not get to walk into my life now and act like you've been here for all of it! It doesn't work like that okay? As far as I'm concerned my father does not exist, and I would like to keep it that way for now." 

I really hope she didn't expect me to get used to him being here because I can guarantee we were not  going to get along. I've know the man for 15 minutes and he expects to father me like I am a child. I walked back into my room and locked my door so he doesn't attempt to take anything away from me. 

I laid down on my bed, instantly grabbed my phone, and found somebody's contact number. I held my phone to my ear and tried to stop the tears from falling down my face but I couldn't help it. 

So much information had just been dumped on me that I was about to have a mental breakdown and I honestly didn't know what to do but call somebody. 

"Madds? What is it?" The voice said.