Part 8.

PUBLISHED APRIL 23, 2021
EDITED DEC, 12, 2022

"Ok everyone get inside and to the living room right now!" We hear Scott yell from the living room. Both Toby and Tommy turn to me and look as if I know what he's gonna say. I just shrug my shoulders at them and walk inside like Scott told us to do.

We were the last inside so we just stood in the doorway waiting for him to speak. 
"Ok so I figured we could all use a break from everything going on and so I organised this, it was also a surprise for Maddy because she'd never met any of us and I wanted her to have a fun time meeting everybody! But we still need ideas for things to do." 

"Umm apparently there's a show going on in a few days." I say and show that I searched it up on my phone screen. and Clay and Nick just look at me weird because they don't know what I'm talking about and everyone else just seems to be looking at me as if I'm in the zoo. 

"Right, well for you Americans a show is a fair and for everyone else, I get that I have an awesome accent but please stop staring at me, it's making me uncomfortable." Everyone looked away and turned their attention back to Scott but I could still feel a pair of eyes on me.

I look over to my right as that it where I can feel the pair of eyes from, and I see Tommy still looking at me with awe in his eyes. I smile at him and he quickly looked away. I quietly chuckled to myself and looked back over to Scott as he was still talking.

"Ok so we have the fair in a few days but what do we have to do for before and after that?" He asked. 
"Why don't we just relax for the time being and hang out. I mean it's not like we actually have anything else to do. Plus some of us have to get used to the time zones." George says and looks over at me. 

I didn't realise and I was leaning on the doorframe basically half asleep. I guess being on a plane for so long can make you really tired even if you slept most of the time and even if it's only like 4 in the afternoon.

"I'll take her to her room. She's probably really tired and overwhelmed with everything that has happened in the last few days." I heard Niki say and I smiled. She walked over to me and I had to hold her hand so I knew where I was going. 

I must have been really tired. 
"I'll come talk to everyone when I wake up in a few hours." I say and wave goodbye to everyone. They say goodnight and I walk into my room.

"Niki you can go talk to everyone now. You don't have to stay here with me. I promise I'll be alright." She was about to argue with me but I told her not to before she could even say anything.
"Just go." I say with a laugh and she nods her head.

She walked out of the room and I went to the bathroom to wash my face because I felt like actual crap. I then went back to the bedroom and got changed into a new hoodie that I bought and some of my old football shorts. 

I laid down in my bed and put my phone on charge and I wasn't quite asleep when I heard a knock on the door.
"Come in." I put my phone down on the bedside table and when I look up I see Tommy standing there. 

I sit up from my position and tell him to sit down.
"Hey Maddy I just wanted to actually introduce myself properly because I promise I'm not as mean or loud as I sound." I chuckle at him and look up to meet his eyes,

"So, it's very nice to meet you. My name is Thomas, but please call me Tommy." He held his hand out and I shook it but I couldn't help but laugh a little. He was laughing as well.
"Nice to meet you Tommy. My name is Maddy." I kinda stopped paying attention and was just listening to what he was saying.

He had a really cool accent and I felt like I could just get lost in his eyes.
"You know you have a really cool accent right?" He told me out of the blue which made me snap out of my thoughts and look down.

"I don't really think that I have an accent but I do think that you have a cool accent. I just don't have backup with me to say that I don't have one." He laughs at me and looks away. 
"So how have we never met before?" He looks back up at me after calming down. 

I think for a moment before answering him.
"Umm I'm not sure. Maybe time zones or different friend groups. But I am glad I met you though." I say with a smile before yawning.

"Sorry I am really tired." I mention.
"Nah it's fine. I'll let you be. We can have a proper conversation after you wake up. Cya later Madz." He said and walked to the door.
"Cya Tommy!" I smile as he walks out and closed the door. I laid back down to my original position and got my phone again. 

I put my music on quietly, and then put my phone back down on the bedside table. I closed my eyes and just thought about how this day had already gone. I fell asleep thinking good thoughts and just smiling.