38

The girls had been hanging out for awhile every time they had times because most of them are busy. After receiving a call from Areum, Sena glance at the kids who were sleeping soundly as she waits for Jaehyun to get out of the bathroom. she wakes Yeonjun first to go to the other bathroom so after he takes a bath she could wake Jihoon also.

"what time is it?"Yeonjun ask while hugging his mother. "it's 5 in the morning, better wake up so we don't miss the train this time.."she whispers softly while getting out of their room to the bathroom.

after convincing the boy to go to shower she lays his clothes on the bed, hearing the door from the master bathroom closes. she wakes the other boy who was sleeping softly in his room. he rubs his eyes before turning to face her mom.

"wake up, it's time to go!" she whispers before lifting him up to their room. the boy sleeps in her shoulders, Jaehyun opening the doors just in time. she smiles at him before giving
Jihoon at Jaehyun whispering, "he needs to take a bath.." before walking back to Yeonjun's room.

she helps him put his clothes on, the boy feeling much better. he plops on his bed again, using the comforter to cover his body as her mother just chuckles. Sena packs their bags, Jaehyun preparing the other kid to leave and cooking breakfast for them. the two smelled bacons and sausage from their rooms, immediately living to go downstairs at the kitchen. Sena took this chance to take a bath while the kids are still busy downstairs.

after the family prepare to leave, the sun was already shining outside of their windows. they all left and went to the train station with body guards by their sides to prevent interactions. they all took a long nap, Jaehyun with Yeonjun on his hands as the little boy hugs his father, Jihoon was on Sena's embrace while her head was on Jaehyun's shoulder.

...

they all entered the carriage, feeling the familiar feeling after not riding with it for a while. the fresh air going inside as the windows that was open. they felt like their lives turned into royal ones again after deciding to live in the city and only come back to the castle everytime they work. their family wanted to experience living in a normal life before Jaehyun gets crowned as king and going back to their normal routine again.

"ah it's been awhile..."Sena took a deep breath as Jaehyun interlocks their hands before they step inside the big doors. "i know..." Jaehyun replied.

"Princess." Yanan greats the girl as they entered. she felt unusual feeling after stepping inside, noticing her Butler's voice changed. she knew something was up after seeing maids and Miss Kim rush upstairs with medical supplies in their hands.

"what's going on?"

"your highness... t-the Queen is getting weaker." her Butler answered. she felt her heart got stabbed after hearing those words. it was a wish of her that she never heard. remembering what her mother told her on the time of her wedding she knew her time was already coming.

"Yanan could you take care of the kids first, i want to see my Mother."

"but Princess-"

"i insist.."she pulls her arm from Jaehyun and rush upstairs while Yanan tried to pull her but Jaehyun stops him. He looks at him with a worried look after feeling guilty of what he said. "don't worry.." Jaehyun reassured.

Jaehyun runs to her, following the girl while she leads the way to a familiar room. she felt her heart stops seeing her family was outside the door waiting patiently for it to open, Lucas hugging the her father and Renjun was crying beside the door. she knew she can't do anything but to wait until the door opens, revealing the doctor and maids come out.

"please don't cry.."Jaehyun whispers softly, cupping her cheeks. the Princess didn't know what was going on but knew something's going to happen with her mother. she was stoping her tears to slip and trying to be stronger.

..

"Princess..."the doctor told first after stepping out of the room. the maids follows her, positioning in the side while their heads down.

"w-what is happening..?"

"I'm sorry, we tried everything.."the doctor said with an apologetic look. seeing her father and brothers bursting into tears made her even more weaker. she couldn't help it but to walk inside the room.

she saw many unfamiliar things was attached to her mother, a monitor at the side that detects her heartbeat and pules. she fell in the floor seeing her mother in a bad condition. it was painful to her eyes to see her suffering like this. Jaehyun let her cry infront of her mother with her eyes close. she walks to her, holding her pale hand and rubbing it with her thumbs as tears were flowing down her cheeks. they all walked in and stares at her mother's body like it was leaving.

"S-Sena.."her mother tried to talk after feeling a figure rubbing her hands.

"mother..."

"my boys.."she smiled at the three while Lucas was crying on her bed.

"m-mother please don't leave us.."Renjun tried to talk to her. "I'm not.." their mother replied.

"I'm getting weaker every day and i don't think it's now time to do Queen things.."

"you're not going to die, please stay with me.." the king puts his hands on top of Sena's as tears falls down on his cheeks, staining the bed.

"i think my body is now tired and wanted to rest.. and i don't know when I'll be leaving so this might be my last chance to say goodbye.."

'"please no, no you're not leaving me Mama!"

"promise me to take care of your siblings Lucas-"

"mom you're not leaving."

"Sena let me finish.."

"L-lucas... take care of the kingdom and try not to dissapoint mother while I'm away.. take care of your siblings always."

"i can't believe i won't see you two carrying a baby and have your own families, I won't see how great Lucas will be ruling the kingdom and i would not see a beautiful little girl running to me as she calls me 'grandma'. I can't believe i won't see you with Yuqi, Lucas."

"ofcourse my lovely child, Renjun. i will miss your shouts and nags about your friends and Lucas, everyday. i hope you will find the girl you love, take care of her like how you use to take care of me. i love you my son.."

"m-ma, i love you too.."

"M-my husband.. i know i never had a chance to have a day with you, spend time with you but I'm letting you know that I really love you.."

"i love you too..." he place a kiss on top of her head.

"S-Sena.. I'm glad you met Jaehyun who i trusted the most.. I will miss my little Yeonjun tell jokes in the garden while we eat and watch the sunset. he always tells me how you like sunset so much and how you would tell stories about me to the boy and how much you love me also, i love you my daughter."

"i love you too Ma."

______________________________________

okay i know how toxic her mother is but ngl this is kinda sad and i hope no one cried.