A Special Quest

Hey, how are y'all? here is part 3 of my story. Hope y'all like it! I like writing it :) Oh I don't own Percy jackson& the olympians. Would be awesome if I did though.

Percy and Chiron stared at the person who just had said that. She was sitting at Chiron's coach, looking as comfortable as possible. Which should be weird considering she was a twelve year old girl. "Lady Artemis"? Percy said, nonplussed. "Yes Perseus, it's me. It's kind of obvious, isn't it"? Artemis shot him a look that clearly said stupid boy. Percy blushed and was about to say something, probably another stupid comment .

Lucky for him, Chiron interrupted. "But Lady Artemis, why are you here? I mean , we are honoured of course , but I didn't kniw you would visit camp half-blood. And it's certainly.. hm.. special that you are in my cabin". Artemis sighed. "Well, I suppose I should do some explaining. To begin with why I'm here; my father send me". Percy and Chiron looked at each other; this couldn't be good.

"So.. your father send you. The most powerful of them all? Why would he do that, I wonder" Percy blurted out. Artemis shot him a warning look. "Be careful boy. You better not insult me or my father". he said the word boy like it was a really bad curse. "I didn't mean to insult anybody. I just find it's weird your father send you here. It must be really serious then" Percy dared to say. Artemis nodded, her face expressed worry. "Yes, you can say it's serious Perseus. very serious". She was silent for a moment, then she spoke again. "Well, Perseus sit down. Chiron, can you get something to drink"? Chiron nodded while Percy walked towards the couch and sat down next to her.

She tensed for a moment, having a boy so close to her. She sat as far away from him as possible and did her best to ignore Percy. "What do you want lady Artemis? Some nectar"? "Yes, that would be very good. And I think the boy wants a cola". Percy wanted to comment on how she just assumed what he would like and how she talked about him , then shut his mouth at a warning glare of Chiron. "Yeah, that would be great. Thanks Chiron". "Your welcome" The centaur said.

He didn't seem to notice how Artemis acted like it was her house and they had suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "Well, I will get some tea. I'm in the kitchen. And lady Artemis? Will you be so kind not to turn Percy in a jackelope or kill him? That would be very bad". "I don't promise anything, but I will try". Artemis smiled; appearently she liked the idea of turning him into a jackelope and hunt him down. Chiron frowned, then smiled too. "Thankyou. I will be in the kitchen". He went to the kitchen.

When Chiron was gone, Percy focused his attention on Artemis again. Like always, she was in the form of a twelve year old girl. She wore her hunters uniform, together with a few knives and a bow. Her silver eyes looked beautifull, together with her auburn hair, which she wore in a brade. She looked beautifull. And really worried.

"Ehm. Lady Artemis"? Artemis looked at him, a little startled. "Yes? What do you have to say, Perseus"? "Why did you come here? I mean, I know your father send you, but why? What's wrong"? Artemis hesitated. "I promised to tell nobody. To avoid panic. " "But..." Percy started. "But you will have to wait until Chiron is back. I do have permission to tell Chiron, that's why I'm here after all, and since you're here too I will tell you too". Percy wanted to ask more, but before he could, Artemis started to talk.

"Why are you here, Perseus? At this time, you should be asleep". Percy looked at her; she sounded like a mother. "oh, really? Maybe i like wandering through the wood in the middle of the night, getting chased by monsers and almost disintegrated by an angry god". "Oh stop the sarcasm already Perseus, it was a normal question and.. Wait. What? Chased by monsters? An angry god. Explain please. This ought to be good". Artemis leaned forward a little, her head in her hands. She was smiling.

Oh great Percy thought. Now I have to tell the man-hating goddes how I totally screwed up tonight. He considered not telling, but that wouldn't help anyway. "Well? Tell me". Artemis looked more than eager to hear about his night, it would be so humiliating. Percy sighed. "Allright, I will tell already. I can't be more humiliated than I already am. Besides, Mr D is probably going to tell the entire world already, sooo here goes nothing". Percy told her everything; His dream, sneaking around the encounter with the harpy, the coversation with Mr D etcetera. He even told her Juniper how he had jumped at the sound of Juniper's voice.

Artemis was laughing really loud when he told her that. "Really? You, the hero of Olympus, the ' great' Percy Jackson screamed like a little girl when one of your friends showed up? That's hilarious"! "No, it isn't" Percy protested. "It was humiliating. I mean, it was just Juniper and I screamed like it was an entire army of Titans". "Well, at least you admit you were scared. Most men wouldn't. They would just come up with silly excuses". Artemis rolled her eyes. "Yeah well, at least those men don't scream when they see a friend and jump into the air. It was humiliating". Artemis laughed again.

"I mean" Percy continued "I can understand that I scream when I have this dream about this shadow- creature that killed a my friends and I can;t move and..What the!" Percy was interrupted rudely when Artemis grabbed his arm and pulled him closer. Her nails digged in his flesh.

"What? How do you mean shadow- creature. You didn;t mention this before. Explain yourself" "Ehhm. Ok. Like I already said there was this creature. Really big. And ehhm I couldn't really see it clearky; it looked most like a huge shadow. It come closer and closer and I couldn't move or even scream". Artemis' eyes widened. "No, it can't be. That's impossible. But it would explain.."

"Would explain what"? Percy asked. Artemis looked at him; she wanted to say something. Suddenly she noticed how close he was. He was almost sitting in her lap. When she had grabbed him, she had pulled him that close. She immediately froze. "Lady Artemis. What's wrong"? Percy looked at her and suddenly noticed too how close they were. He paled and then froze. For some time, they just sat there, frozen. Then Artemis released his arm and pulled him of her. Percy blushed. He wanted to apologize, but Artemis spoke before him. She seemed to blush too. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do that". "Oh eh yeah" Percy said, still blushing. They were staring at each other, their faces still close. Artemis' hand rested on Percy's leg. They leaned towards each other, their faces coming closer...

Haha. I'm going to end it here:) Just seemed like the right thing to do. Evil:D Sooo, what do y'all think?