Making Out

Percy and Artemis walked towards Athena's bedroom, where Athena and Poseidon should be. They were holding hands.

Percy thought about what had happened. His talk with Zeus till the moment he had opened his eyes and found out his dad, for some weird reason, had turned him into a goldfish. Percy frowned; he really didn't now what to think. He didn't know a lot at the moment. What had happened after everything went black. How long he had been unconscious. What Zeus was doing now. As far as he know, Zeus could be plotting to kill him right now. Luckily, that wasn't that easy with Athena, Artemis and Poseidon on his side.

Percy sighed. Once again, his life was a total mess. And there was nothing he could do about it. Percy looked at Artemis. If there was one thing he knew for sure, it was that he would do anything to be with her. She was the most amazing person he had ever met. Funny, strong, smart, beautiful, kind ( not to men, but she was a kind person on the inside, he knew) and so on. All Percy really wanted was to be with her.

Don't I deserve to after all the fightning? he thought. After the friends I have lost? On the other hand, can I do that to her? Be with her while I have nothing to offer? She is such a great person and what can I over her except my loyalty and love for her? Percy sighed again. Wouldn't it be better to leave, like Zeus suggested, so she can find someone who actually has something to offer her? Won't it be selfish to- "Percy"! Artemis voice interrupted his thoughts.

When he looked at her, he saw she wore an worried expression. She was still holding his hand, but now she released her hand to put it against his forehead. " Are you all right? You had a really weird look on your face. You look deadly pale, too. Do you have to flu or something? I could get something for you". Artemis put her hand down, still looking really worried. " Or did something go wrong when you were changed back? I can-" Percy put his finger on her lips.

He smiled at her. " Really Arty, I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine. I do feel a little bit weird, but I was just thinking". He put his finger down, still smiling. Even now he felt uncertain and confused from the inside, he tried not to show it. But Artemis seemed to notice it anyway; she narrowed her eyes and looked at him. Her silvery eyes seemed to look right through him. " I don't believe that for a second, Percy Jackson. And now tell me, what's wrong"?

Percy opened his mouth to reply nothing, but Artemis shook her head. "And don't you dare say nothing, because I know it's a lie. I'm your girlfriend Percy and you need to trust me and tell me what's wrong" she said, her silvery eyes full of fear, love and anger.

Percy sighed; he knew he had to tell her. He went with an hand through his hair and sighed. "Artemis, you are the most wonderful person I've ever met, but I don't think this.. us is a good idea. Therefore-" He saw Artemis tense and her eyes seemed to change. They seemed to glow a little, power radiating for her. She looked really mad. But that wasn't what pained Percy; it was the hurt in her eyes. " So you want to break up with me? Afer I trusted you, the first male in centuries, after we kissed and everything, you decide I'm not the girl you want and-" Artemis said, her voice cold and stoic while her face showed the pain she felt. " Of course not"! Percy interrupted. " The thing I want most is to be with you. I want that more than anything else. The last I wanted anything this badly, it was the time my mom was stuck in the underworld and I wanted to get her back. You are the most amazing person I've ever met, how could anyone not want you"? Percy jabbered, shocked she could think that.

How could she ever think I can leave her while I love her so much I think I might die without her? Percy thought. Artemis bit her lip. " Then what is it if you still like me"? " It's me of course! I'm not good enough for you! That's what bothering me"! Percy exclaimed. Artemis wanted to say something, but Percy kept talking, trying to explain himself. " You're such a great person and a goddess, a goddess! And what am I? Just a demi-god. What do I have to offer you. How can I ask you to stay with me while I have nothing to offer you"? he said, whispering the last words.