On The Road

Percy was in a shop. Artemis and he wanted to rent a car or something, to get to where the first victims had been found. They both had enough money, so they started bickering about who would pay. Percy insisted he would pay, but Artemis started a rant about how boys always thought they had to pay.

Artemis accused him of being annoying, an sexist and just stupid. "Why would I not be able to pay? I have more money than you! It's just another idea of you men, to keep us economically dependant. So we have to do what you desire and-" she said.

Percy raised his hands. "Calm down already! I didn't mean that. I just tried to be polite. My mother raised me like that. I didn't mean to insult or anything. I don't get why you insist on paying, but I just don't like it to let other people pay for me".

Artemis was silent. "Well, me neither" she finally said. Percy smiled. " Why don't we pay each half of it? That sounds like a good compromise". Artemis bit her lip and sighed. "Fine. For this time".

She shot him an angry glare. "But don't think you can do this all the time". Percy chuckled. "What? Trying to pay for something. Yes, that's a crime!" Artemis rolled her eyes and ignored him.

Now she finally was calm, Percy let out a relieved sigh. But of course, the dealer had to say something stupid. Although, every man who said something in the presence of Artemis could be considered stupid. She hated men so much it was better to remain silent and hope she didn't hear or see you. But the man didn't know who she was and made the very big mistake to say something.

"How cute! Are you a couple"? Artemis immediately tensed. She shot the man a murderous glare. "No! Why would you think that? I don't even like men". The man nodded. "Oh, so you're a lesbian. Nothing wrong with that, dear. I just thought you two were a couple because of how you acted".

Percy snickered softly; he found the man's mistake amusing. Artemis definitely didn't. She had her fists clenched and Percy swore he saw her eyes turn red for a moment. "I am not a lesbian! I just meant since guys are so wortless, I avoid them. They are cruel and mean and will cause you nothing but trouble. Why on earth would I want that".

The man smiled sympathically. " Ah, puberty. You will grow over that, sweetheart. One day you will find a guy and-". Artemis looked really mad right now; Percy thought he could see steam from her nostrils. Her eyes were slowly turning red and she had her hand on her knife, which was dequisted by the mist.

" Shut up! It's not some ' phase'. I hate them! I will never like them! The one time I did, I lost him. NEVER AGAIN?! DO YOU UNDERSTAND, YOU ANNOYING, USELESS, IGNORANT MAN"?

The man stared at her; completely stunned. He was around 65 and looked like Percy pictured a grandfather. Artemis kept shouting for a few minutes, her eyes turning more and more red. When Percy saw she was going to do something incredible useless , and probably stupid, (stabbing him) , he quickly pulled her away.

He covered her mouth with his hands and smiled at the man. "I'm so sorry. She gets this way a lot. Anyway, we aren't a couple. Probably never will be. We are ehm.. brother and sister. Very close. Could we get the car"?

Artemis was still struggling, trying to break free. Percy had to use all his strength; she was really strong. Lucky for him, she wasn't as strong as normally in this form.

When she relaxed in his arms, he sighed. "You're brother and sister? But I thought... never mind".

The man coughed, looking at Artemis for a second. "So you wanted to rent this car? It's a good car and not really expensive. And you said you had your parents permission. But you know, I actually need to see you're parents before I can give you the car".