The Secret Comes Out

Hey y'all. Whazzup? This is chapter 10, let me know if you have any ideas about how Aphrodite is going to interrupt! Oh, and do you think I should do a chapter from Artemis point of view? Let me know! Ok, don't own Percy Jackson& Olympians. Enjoy!

Percy was in his tent. He was sitting on his bed, his head in his hands. He felt extremely miserable. And worried. Miserable because he had ruined everything. He had kissed Artemis and now she would probably hate him. Why did I have to kiss her? Percy thought. I shouldn't have. She is a maiden goddess! Besides, she deserves better than me!

Percy was worried, too. He hoped the girl, Aileen, would soon be better. It would be horrible if she wasn't. Percy sighed. How did all of this happen? Percy thought. One moment, I'm walking in the sun, everything is all right. And the next moment, a girl is wounded and I've kissed one of the maiden goddesses.

Smart, Percy. Really smart he said to himself. I think it's smart. "Get out of my head Aphrodite"! Percy screamed. No way, I have to talk to go. Besides, I like it. "Well, I don't want you in my head, so get out "Percy said, really annoyed. He swore he could hear Aphrodite laugh. No, sweetie. I'm not going to do that. How could I help you if I did? "Help me"? Yes, help you. You know, with Artemis. She is really stubborn. But you did it ! You kissed her and she didn't turn you into a jackalope! "Yet" Percy said. Don't think like that! She likes you a lot. She wouldn't do that. Besides, If I have it my way, she will be in love with you.

"I don't want you to make her fall in love with me. I would never do that to her. So get out of my head and leave both of us alone". Sweetheart, you don't where you're talking about. I do, this is my job after all. Just leave it all to me. Didn't you enjoy the kiss? Percy thought about that kiss. It had been the best moment of his life. He knew that, even if she turned him into a jackalope, he would savor the moment the rest of his life. Aphrodite chuckled; she was clearly reading his thoughts. "Stop that already"! "Stop what already"?

Percy jumped. Artemis was standing in front of him, looking really confused. She raised an eyebrow at him and walked towards him. She laid her hand on his forehead. "Are you ill? Have you a fever or something"? she asked, sounding worried. Percy realized he must have been deep in thought, if he didn't notice her coming. Aphrodite's voice was gone. But he had a feeling, she would be back soon. And she sure was watching them.

Percy swallowed. He found it hard to think now she was standing so close to him, touching him. He inhaled her scent. She smelled like the woods she liked to dwell in. Her hand on his forehead felt cool and smooth. She was still in her teenage form, her beautiful eyes filled with worry. She dropped her hand. Immediately, Percy felt lost.

She looked at him. "Hmm, you don't seem to have a fever. Do you often talk to imaginary creatures"? Percy blushed. She must think I'm crazy he thought. "Ehm no" he said. Artemis looked like she didn't believe him. "Really I don't. And I'm fine. I was just talking to myself. I'm not crazy"! he protested. Artemis smiled. "You do realize all crazy people think they are not crazy? But I know you aren't. I just thought something was wrong. Since you were screaming. Why would you scream stop that already to yourself"?

Percy blushed; he had forgotten that he had said that. If he had known she was close, he wouldn't have shouted that, of course. She looked at him expectantly. He swallowed.'Ehm, I saw a fly". Artemis looked at him like… well like he had just said he was a gorilla named Bongo. She looked sort of cute when she looked like that, her eyes wide and her mouth open.

"You. Saw. A. Fly" she said slowly. Percy nodded. "Are you kidding me? I have to believe that Percy Jackson, the hero of Olympus, went all crazy about one tiny fly? I have to believe that he person who fought minotaur's, Titans and even Kronos himself were shouting because of a fly"? she asked, staring at him. "Ehm, yes"? Percy said. Artemis rolled her eyes. "How stupid do you think I am"? "I don't think you're stupid at all. Actually, I think you're the smartest, most beautiful and simply amazing person I've ever met" Percy said.