Date And Danger

Firstly ( I just realized I never made that clear); Percy and Annabeth were never a couple, but Annabeth is in love with him. Percy has had some girlfriends ( like Rachel), but not a lot. All right.. I present; chapter 21! Oh, don't own Percy Jackson & the Olympians. Enjoy!

Percy hold his breath, waiting for Artemis' response. He didn't know when he started to love her, but he did. He was in love with her.

And after he had heard the conversation between her and Athena, he had been hoping she did love him. He had wanted to say it earlier, but never found the right time to say it.

After all, when a monster is preparing to destroy the world, you have other things to think about. Like your friends, which lives are at stake.

But now seemed like the right time. The monster was gone. Maybe not dead, but for now, gone. No people at danger. And they just kissed.

They had kissed before, but Percy had thought at the time it was Aphrodite's doing. But now, he wasn't sure. It could be real. His feelings were real; he knew that.

Artemis still didn't say anything; she just stared at him. Percy decided to say something himself. " You know, if you want to you can think about it. I would like an answer now, you know if you love me, but-"

Percy was interrupted because Artemis kissed him. They kissed for a long time before she pulled back, smiling. "The answer is yes" she said, still smiling. " I'm not sure what the question is" Percy answered, confused.

Artemis smile grew wider. "If I love you. The answer is yes". Percy couldn't believe it; she loved him? Someone like Artemis loved him? "You do? Because I thought-" "Of course I do. I just said it, didn't I"? Artemis said, still smiling.

Percy nodded. "Yes, but maybe-" Artemis snickered. " But nothing. Why would I say it if it wasn't true? Besides, we have kissed already. Did you think I would kiss just some boy? That I would kiss you if I weren't in love with you? I haven't kissed anyone all these years. I only kiss you because I want to".

Percy shook his head, smiling. He started to believe her. " It could be that you did it because of Aphrodite's spell. I think that is more likely than because you actually like me. After all, you hate men, remember".

Artemis smiled at him. " Not all of them. I hate them because they are selfish, arrogant and just annoying. Oh and often stupid and chase girls to use them. But you are different Percy, you're kind, loyal, funny. But I get why you think that. I thought it at first, too". "So , are you saying all this because of the spell? Or do you really love me"?

Artemis rolled her eyes. "I'm getting the idea you just want me to repeat it, but all right. I love you Percy, I do. After thousands of years, I finally fell in love. With you. I want to be with you, do crazy stuff with you. I want to see you smile. I want everything".

Percy smiled and pulled her against him. " That's great. I want exactly the same. But I thought you were in love with Orion, all those years ago"?

Artemis raised her head. "No. That was friendship. I was really sad when he died, but it wasn't love. I'm in love with you Percy and I want to be with you".

Percy smiled. " That's great, because I'm going nowhere. I'm going to stay here until you get so annoyed you might actually turn me into a jackalope".

Artemis laughed. "I will never do that. I prefer you to be human". "Oh and why is that? Because then I can talk". "No, because you can kiss. I prefer you silent".

Percy laughed. "Well maybe I should be silent then and just kiss you". " Maybe you should" Artemis said, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his mouth towards hers.