three

CHOI MANOR

"What the fuck happened Gyu?!"

"Watch that foul mouth of yours Jihyun!" Missus Choi scolded.

Jihyun internally rolled her eyes at her mother, who seemed to spend more time and pride in raising her daughter to be a perfect bride. However, after living the past 18 years of her life around her brother and his friends, daintiness wasn't in Choi Jihyun's vocabulary.

Unfortunately, she still had to fake a demure and bashful persona in front of her parents and the media. After all, she was still to wed despite being a heiress to Choi Enterprises.

"I'm awfully sorry Mother!" Jihyun sweet-talked before scowling once her mother was out of her sight.

"I'm okay my dear cousin! I almost had the opportunity to kill off some of the Yang Allies but Chief Jeong showed up again," Beomgyu snarled.

"Well, as long as neither of you assholes get hurt again, I'll continue to hold myself back behind my pretty gowns!" Jihyun beamed but was only smacked on the back of her head.

"Don't even think about involving yourself with The House of Yang baby sis,"

Swinging his arm around his younger sister, Choi Soobin smiled cheekily at his scowling sister whose gaze stared threateningly at the dimpled boy.

"I'll kill you Choi Soobin," Jihyun scowled but was only put in a headlock by her very own brother.

"Not unless I kill you first infant!"

"You're so goddamn annoying Soobin! Beomgyu stop filming us and help me damn it!"

Beomgyu laughed out heartily as he recorded his cousins engage in their daily routine which was to of course, annoy the living shit out of each other. However, their moment of chaos was soon interrupted as the screeching voice of Missus Choi echoed throughout the Manor.

"Choi Jihyun come up here! I need your opinion!" the middle aged woman bellowed.

Jihyun glanced at her brother and cousin helplessly as she was dragged away by her personal nanny and stylist. Soobin and Beomgyu could only pout sarcastically before sending flying kisses to Jihyun, who only swatted them away mid-air.

"Why does the Halloween masquerade ball have to be tonight?" Beomgyu muttered as he followed Soobin out onto the pool area.

"Because Missus Choi wants Jihyun and my brother to get married," a voice suddenly chirped in.

Turning around, Soobin and Beomgyu's eyes widened at the sudden news, looking at their friend Taehyun, in disbelief. Behind the platinum-haired boy was Yeonjun and Hueningkai, who thankfully recovered fast.

"Jihyun and Yeosang?!" Soobin and Beomgyu shrieked simultaneously.

"Yea! Didn't you know?" Yeonjun questioned the Chois.

Soobin and Beomgyu shook their heads before letting out a sigh, still shocked at the fact that the Chois were giving Jihyun away to the Kang Family. Although it meant good news for everyone, Yeosang had been an older brother figure to Jihyun next to Yeonjun and Soobin. They were basically family.

"Ugh, it makes me think of incest sometimes-"

"Hueningkai!" Soobin scolded, flabbergasted at the term 'incest'.

"Well, the decision has been made boys. At least it's not a Yang!" Taehyun remarked causing the boys to burst in laughter.

"Hey, we should invite Heeseung later. I miss that guy," Beomgyu uttered sadly.

The five boys mutually agreed, knowing too well that Heeseung wasn't able to give up his loyalty to the Yangs, who dragged him out of his family's scandal and poverty. If it weren't for the Yang-Choi Feud, everyone might've been closer than ever.

"We're having a Halloween masquerade ball tonight Jihyun, so please wear something pretty and not like a crazy Ghostbuster," Missus Choi informed her daughter.

Missus Choi admired herself briefly before spinning around once for her daughter, waiting for Jihyun to shower her with compliments. However, Jihyun only giggled at how embarrassing her mother looked as Glinda the Good Witch from Wicked.

"Really mother?" Jihyun chuckled before being embraced by Missus Choi.

"Jihyun, you're of age to get married now. In order to become the heiress of your father's hard work, you need to marry," Missus Choi sighed sadly.

Resting her head on her daughter's shoulder, Jihyun realised how her ignorance blinded her. Knowing her father and his sickening feud with the Yangs, her mother had only complied with Mister Choi's orders.

"I know you don't want to get married this early Jihyun but because of-"

"Father. I know mother," Jihyun said softly before resting her head atop of her mother's.

Sitting in a comfortable silence, Jihyun knew she had no way out of marriage. Instead of constantly fighting against it, she wished to comply with it in order to give her mother peace of mind. Clenching her fists, Jihyun let out a fake smile as she turned to face her mother again.

"So mother, who's the man I'll be marrying?"