fourteen

MYEONGDONG CATHEDRAL

Setting foot into the familiar cathedral did Yang Jungwon feel a sense of comfort and hope engulf his entire being. The young heir quickly paced through the pews of the church and towards the the confessional where he'd eventually find the person he was looking for.

Taking a seat in the confessional, Jungwon hastily knocked on the wooden cupboard separating him and the young priest. Sliding the wooden grille in annoyance, the young priest came face-to-face with Jungwon, who smiled cheekily at the ruckus of the endless knockings he made.

"Good afternoon Father Jungkoo-"

"I will actually slap you Jungwon, how many times do I have to tell you that you can just call me Jungkook?!" Jungkook exasperated as he got up from his post.

"Even without the honourifics?!" Jungwon gasped sarcastically but was only dragged by the ear by Jungkook.

"I'll kick you out of the church you brat!" Jungkook chuckled sinisterly while Jungwon wailed at the older man's strong grasp.

"Some priest you are! Let go of me pwease," Jungwon wailed noisily causing the young priest to shush him.

Letting go of his hold on the younger boy's ear, Jungkook beamed cheekily as he led Jungwon towards one of the pews. Jeon Jungkook was a loyal and important ally to the Yangs, seeing that he was more than just a young priest. He was in fact, an apothecary who made and sold medicinal drugs to the Yang family.

After many disputes with the way their previous apothecaries sold and made their medicine, Jeon Jungkook was the only person they could trust in that field. Eventually, the young priest formed a friendship with Yang Jungwon once the heir grew of age.

"So, what do you want from me Junglewon?" Jungkook asked as he sat behind one of the pews.

"Well Junglebook, I have a favour to ask you and it needs to be done by the end of next week if possible," Jungwon nervously admitted as he sat beside Jungkook.

"Is this favour good or bad?" Jungkook raised a brow curiously at the fidgeting boy.

"It might be a good enough favour that can finally resolve the Yangs and Chois' rivalry," Jungwon breathed out as he clenched his clammy hands.

"What is it Wonnie-"

"I'm in love with Choi Jihyun and I want you to be the one who marries us off,"

YANG MANOR

It was yet again, another quiet Saturday afternoon at the Yang Manor. With Jungwon on the way back home from the Cathedral, Sunoo and Ni-ki can't seem to to keep their thoughts to themselves anymore. Sat lazily in the Manor's common room were the EN- boys again.

Sunoo glanced nervously at Ni-ki, who nodded reassuringly as he gestured his best friend to spill out the peculiar observations he kept to himself. Clearing his throat loud enough, the boys glanced up from their respective activities  as they waited for Sunoo to spill his thoughts.

"Ni-ki and I want to share something we found odd yesterday after school," Sunoo started as he exhaled a sharp breath.

"What is it Sun?" Jay asked curiously as he mindlessly brushed his hair back.

"It's about Jungwon," Ni-ki sighed as he lay his head on Jake's shoulder.

"What about him?" Heeseung asked, his eyebrow raised as his heart beat anxiously.

"Yea Sunoo, what about me?" A voice chirped from behind catching the boys by surprise.

Shoving his hands in his pockets, Jungwon walked towards the common room with a smug expression before plopping next to a confused and anxious Heeseung. Sunoo and Ni-ki narrowed their eyes at Jungwon in suspicion, unable to attend to the eerie feeling they felt after seeing the Choi Family Crest on one of the black cars the previous day.

"Who was the girl you were with yesterday after school? She was a Choi was she not?" Sunoo asked boldly, catching Jungwon off-guard.

However, the young heir quickly regained his composure before grabbing a bottle of water from the table. Gulping down its contents before letting out a contented sigh, glancing back at Sunoo with a playful smirk.

"Just a close friend Sun. She's a common ally between the Yangs and Chois don't worry," Jungwon smoothly replied as he pulled out his phone.

"Oh well, as long as it isn't a Choi woman. I heard they're not very pleasant. I can't understand what you see in them Wonnie," Ni-ki commented without thinking.

Jungwon bit down on his bottom lip in sheer annoyance before plastering a fake smile. Although Choi Jangmi was a childish infatuation, his heart unknowingly opened for the girl who was taken from him.

Convinced, the rest of the boys went back to mindlessly playing video games or to dozing off. One boy in particular, Lee Heeseung, had a very displeased expression as he glared at Jungwon. Pulling out his phone as well, Heeseung angrily typed away before standing up to leave the common room.

Glancing down at his phone screen, Jungwon's eyes widened in shock at the messages Heeseung had sent him. Feeling as though he had lost all hope again, Jungwon ignored the message before shutting his eyes tight from the pitiful world he lived in.

3 NEW MESSAGES

─────────────────

LEE HEESEUNG:

Congratulations idiot, you got caught.
Soobin found out Jihyun snuck out to meet you. He's reconsidering whether your relationship with his sister is worth the risk.

You even went to the cathedral today with God knows what reason.

Stop keeping things from me Jungwon.
You need all the help you can get if you want this to work out.

─────────────────