eight

Although they tried to deny it after the night ended, there was no doubt that both Yang Jungwon and Choi Jihyun were meant to be. For the Heavens had made a decision to bring two innocent youths together amidst the foolishness of their feuding families.

The young lovers paced back and forth in their bedrooms, wondering if it was truly okay to be finding such love in each other. Jihyun did not expect herself to fall easily, especially for an important member from The House of Yang.

Her rival in the near future would be the person she now had developed true feelings for. As she paced back and forth in her bedroom, a sudden knock on her door snapped her out of her anxious daze.

"Come in,"

"Hey baby sis," Soobin greeted before plopping on her bed.

Jihyun hummed in response before plopping next to her brother, her thoughts running a whole marathon before circulating back to Yang Jungwon. Letting out a soft sigh, Jihyun glanced at Soobin, who was blatantly judging his sister.

"Do you believe in love at first sight, Soobin?" Jihyun asked quietly.

"It's Jungwon isn't it?" Soobin asked in return causing Jihyun's eyes to widen.

Soobin smirked at his sister's state of panic before chuckling loudly. Jihyun glared at her brother before burying her head in her pillow, hitting her older brother before doing so.

"I really didn't know it was him Binnie, we haven't seen each other in 12 years!" Jihyun said, her voice muffled as her head remained buried.

"Well, to answer your question, I think you guys were already fated since you were 6 years old! I was 10 years old then so I would've known," Soobin snorted only to get hit by a pillow again.

"He changed so much Binnie, like I can't even begin to describe how safe and happy he made me tonight," Jihyun started.

From there did Soobin realise how smitten his sister was by Yang Jungwon. The fondness in her voice as she talked about the boy she finally got to see after years. He realised that for once in his sister's life was she genuinely in love.

"But it's a pity our families don't get along. I have to marry Taehyun's brother instead, I honestly don't feel right about it Soobin," Jihyun finished sadly.

"I have a proposition to make for you Ji," Soobin offered.

After much contemplation, Soobin decided it was best if he allowed his sister to enjoy her last moments of freedom before getting married off to Kang Yeosang. As much as he was risking their safety, it was the least he could do for the young heiress.

For she had saved her older brother and Yeonjun from society's judgements and misunderstandings but Soobin would leave that love story for another day.

"What is it?"

"I can either drive you to The House of Yang tonight and you can settle your relationship with Jungwon in secret-"

"REALLY? You'd do that for me?" Jihyun exclaimed excitedly but was only shushed by Soobin.

"OR– we can arrange for a unification between the Yangs and Chois. That would be the only way that you and Jungwon will be able to freely talk," Soobin stated firmly with emphasis on 'freely'.

Jihyun furrowed her brows stressfully, finding herself in another wave of confusion as she considered every possible detail. Whenever it was making decisions regarding the Yangs and Chois, things always never ended prettily.

For the last time they requested a Unification was when Jihyun was 10 years old, causing her to be a symbol of failure between the two families. The hidden scar in her heart deeming it true that she had gotten shot by Yang Jungwon's father.

"Now that you're of age, his father won't hesitate to kill you off Jihyun. Even worse, he'd kill his own son," Soobin added on sadly.

"How sure of you that it's safe for both options? If you drive me there now, you'll be in trouble too Soobin," Jihyun muttered.

Soobin only smiled softly at his sister, getting up from her bed before extending out his hand towards her.

"You deserve this baby sis, I owe it to you. Besides, Heeseung texted me just now and said it's safe," Soobin said contentedly.

Feeling the apples of her cheeks rise, Jihyun grinned widely before squealing loudly, running towards her brother as she engulfed him in a tight hug.

"Thank you Soobin, thank you so much,"