thirteen

"I didn't know you could drive a motorcycle! You could barely cycle when we were younger," Jihyun exclaimed in awe as she walked alongside Jungwon.

"For the record, I had training wheels!"

"You still fell off anyways," Jihyun snickered causing Jungwon to cross his arms grumpily.

Jihyun noticed yet, another one of his adorable antics which caused her laugh at him instead. Her heart felt somewhat warm despite the cold air that October. Maybe she felt warm because for once in her life, she was with someone her heart unknowingly longed for.

"You're cute when you're grumpy Sir Yang Wonie," Jihyun teased, causing the taller boy to stop walking.

With his now, wide cat-like eyes, Jungwon locked eyes with Jihyun before a noticeable blush formed on the apples of his cheeks. As soon as Jihyun flashed him a cheeky smile, the young heir felt his heart melt at the sight of her smile. Placing his hands on his hips, Jungwon took a bold step towards the shorter girl before a pointing a finger at her.

"You, stop smiling. You're making me feel all soft and mushy inside that I am about to combust and risk it all for you. Please stop smiling," Jungwon said in a monotonous tone before briskly walking away.

Jihyun grinned happily to herself as she watched the flustered boy trip over air, feeling everything but the negatives. She felt happy and complete. Jihyun shook her head in amusement before running after Jungwon who had face planted in the field of dandelions that surrounded them.

Oh boy, he needs a lot of care. Jihyun thought to herself as she giggled at the clumsy boy.

"Get up big guy. Damn, I can't believe I'm in love with someone who's insanely attractive in all areas yet a dork whenever I'm around," Jihyun teased as she helped Jungwon up to his feet.

"It's only been a day since I've met you and you're already pulling up with you're whole k-drama dialogue," Jungwon grumbled as he walked towards the center of the field before finally sitting down.

"Aw, is Wonie shy? You weren't shy as a Masked Prince though," Jihyun cooed before giggling as she plopped down next to him.

"Yes I'm shy and yes I radiate bottom energy, what about it?!" Jungwon grumbled even more before laying on the fuzzy and soft dandelions.

As Jihyun continued laughing heartily at the immense shy antics of Jungwon, little did she know that the young heir was admiring her then. Over the course of 24 hours did Jungwon realise that he loved seeing her smile the most. He felt even happier knowing that he was the cause of her euphoria.

According to Heeseung, Mister Choi was rather much harsher on Jihyun than he was on Soobin. While being an heir or heiress earned them wealth, it sure stripped away their freedom. Jungwon was glad he had someone to relate to—someone who shares the same burdens.

He wished he could carry her burdens for her after having her very own father isolate her from the world; from her own soulmate. As he admired the girl who was rambling on about being homeschooled, he only felt sorry that she wasn't able to experience being a teenager.

"Ji?"

"And then Hueningkai bit Taehyun's foot—yes what is it Won?" Jihyun responded as she stopped ranting.

"Do you really want to marry Kang Yeosang?"

"I don't want to. The Chois are businessmen and women while the Kangs are politicians. Dad just wants to boost his prestige in SK," Exhaling heavily, Jihyun lay flat on her back beside Jungwon with a smug expression plastered on her face.

"If ever I'd want to marry it would be you, my long-lost soulmate,"

Flashing a contented smile at Jihyun, Jungwon nodded curtly in response before looking back up at the cloudless sky. As they lay amidst the dandelions, Jungwon wished and hoped on every one of them that he could think of a way where she wouldn't suffer in silence anymore. Closing his eyes briefly, he wondered how much longer their families would continue feuding.

An absurd yet possible idea hit Jungwon almost instantly, his eyes shot up while a small and goofy smile formed on his lips. All he had to do was drop by Myeongdong Cathedral the following day.

"For you Jihyun, I'll find a way to get us out of this mess our parents trapped us in,"