twenty-three

MYEONGDONG CATHEDRAL

Rapid and resounding footsteps echoed throughout the Cathedral, thunder clapping beyond the walls before a torrent of rain started to pour. Closing the gigantic Cathedral doors behind him, the young heir slumped against the doors before finally bursting into tears.

Never in his life did he think he could do it, to do something as awful and inhumane. Looking down at his trembling hands, Jungwon screamed a cry of grief causing the melodious tunes of the piano organ to halt.

"Jungwon?" Jungkook muttered to himself before running towards the crying boy.

Upon his arrival, Jungwon only clutched his legs closer to his body as he muttered a string of apologies. His tears uncontrollably rolling down his cheeks while his eyes remained bloodshot.

"Jungwon, what happened?!" Jungkook exclaimed, trying to pull the drenched and shivering boy together.

Looking up at Jungkook with sorrowful eyes, Jungwon vigorously shook his head as he buried his face in his hands. Patiently waiting for the young heir to collect himself, Jungkook took off his satin robes before wrapping the shivering heir warmly.

"Jungkook, will I still go to Heaven?" Jungwon asked, his hands trembling as he pulled the robes closer to his body.

"What did you do Won?" Jungkook asked worriedly, shocked at the sudden question.

With his eyes shut tight, Jungwon cried even harder before picking up the gun that once belonged to Lee Heeseung. Jungkook snatched the gun away from the young heir, shocked to even process Jungwon's confession.

"I-I killed Choi Beomgyu,"

GANGNAM POLICE HQ

—11:30PM

"Sentence him to jail!" Mister Choi growled at Chief Jeong, causing a much needed ruckus that very night.

Announced at 8:30PM, Choi Beomgyu was proclaimed dead at the crime scene. Laying cold on the roadside, Beomgyu was shot by Yang Jungwon out of pure vengeance for the death of Lee Heeseung.

"Your kid shot Heeseung first! My son merely went after a murderer!" Mister Yang retorted back, pointing his finger accusingly at Mister Choi.

Massaging the temples of his head, Chief Jeong Jaehyun rolled his eyes in sheer annoyance and disappointment at the situation at hand. He expected this yet, he couldn't prevent the problem from happening. The feud between the Yangs and Chois have become impossible to fix.

Standing up abruptly, Chief Jeong slammed his palms against his table furiously. His eyes dark and narrowed down at both Mister Choi and Mister Yang who finally stopped arguing. Glancing behind them, Chief Jeong gestured towards the door for Yeonjun, Jake and Jay despite being the witnesses to such a tragedy.

As they left their uncles alone with Chief Jeong, the three boys couldn't help but feel sorrowful. They lost two important people in their lives that day and the only person who tried to fix their feud was missing. As Jake choked back on pitiful sobs and with Yeonjun feeling guilty for the loss of his best friend, Jay was left to be a pillar of strength to both parties.

He was sick of the feud and he was worried of what might might become of Jungwon after that sorrowful night.

"I won't arrest Yang Jungwon. In fairness, a life was taken for another life. Their upbringing is what caused this," Chief Jeong started firmly, causing both men to take it in offence.

"And what, that son of a bitch gets to walk away with clean hands?!" Mister Choi exclaimed loudly, causing the veins in his neck pop out.

"The fuck did you call my son?!" Mister Yang spitefully butted in but both men were only shushed again by Chief Jung.

In his heart, Chief Jeong always had a soft spot towards Yang Jungwon—for the young heir had a loving heart. Although he was the proclaimed leader of EN-, Chief Jeong knew Jungwon better than his little gang's notorious activities. After all, Jeon Jungkook was a friend of Chief Jeong and it only made sense for the latter to give the young heir a chance at a better life.

"Yang Jungwon is to leave South Korea and to only return within 5 years. Please hold your respective funerals in peace, it's disheartening enough to see these kids grow up in a toxic environment," Chief Jeong sullenly said before barging out of his own office.

As he walked past the pitiful young boys, the young Chief whipped out his phone before sending a quick message to Jungkook. For Jeon Jungkook was hiding the young heir in the Cathedral in hopes to calm the young heir down. Although he played dumb when asked about Jungwon's whereabouts, Chief Jung was merely covering up for his best friend and Jungwon.

To him, losing a soulmate was depressing enough and he wished only well for Jihyun and Jungwon—them being the solution to end the constant feuding.