twelve

THE NEXT DAY

CHOI MANOR

"Hyuka, Hyunnie, don't tell the boomers I'm going out right now okie?" Jihyun whispered as she stood in front of her best friends.

Although Soobin only allowed Jihyun to meet Jungwon at unreasonable timings, the young heiress decided to let her 18 year old self rebel against his wishes. The night before, the pair of soulmates decided to meet at 1:30PM outside Jungwon's school. Just as she was about to leave, Taehyun and Hueningkai had already caught her quietly scurrying down the Manor's stairs.

"Where are you going though? Don't you have lessons today?" Taehyun asked curiously.

"I just finished, I requested that my tutors come in early today," Jihyun replied quickly before turning her back again. This time however, Hueningkai swiftly blocked her way again.

"I knew it! I thought it was the Sun playing tricks on me but I knew it! You're wearing lipgloss!" Hueningkai squealed as he started jumping up and down excitedly.

"And what about it?!" Jihyun responded flusteredly before finally swinging the enormous Manor door open.

"You're going on a date with Yeosang! You only wear lipgloss when you want to look your best for someone you actually like," Hueningkai exclaimed as he waved goodbye to Jihyun.

"Just be home before they're back from work," Taehyun sighed in defeat as he waved goodbye as well.

Looking back at a pondering Taehyun and a screeching Hueningkai, Jihyun felt guilt slowly chipping away at heart. She wished she could tell them about her newfound love just like how they told her theirs—she wished she could be honest with them and tell them that it wasn't Kang Yeosang she was meeting that afternoon.

She flashed a small smile at them before closing the doors quietly, biting down on her bottom lip anxiously as she got in her personal chauffeur's car. Jihyun felt like she was betraying everyone yet, why was it worth the betrayal?

Was Yang Jungwon really worth the risk? Jihyun thought to herself as she rested her head against the car window.

The school bell finally rung, signalling the end of one exhausting and cold Wednesday school day. Jungwon glanced at his watch before smiling to himself as he quickly packed his belongings. Before his teacher could dismiss his class, the young heir had already bolted out through the classroom doors.

With one hand clutching tightly onto his bag strap and the other holding onto his motorcycle helmet, Yang Jungwon sprinted out of the school compounds in a rush.

"Jungwon! Any plans toda-"

"See you at the Manor later Sunki!" Jungwon saluted them before sending a mischievous wink.

Sunoo and Ni-ki stood in shock at the sudden burst of charisma and enthusiasm from their friend, wondering what got him in a rush. Out of curiosity, they observed Jungwon hop onto his motorcycle and zoom off before abruptly stopping before a certain figure. Looking at each other with puzzled expressions, they squinted their eyes further only to realise it was in fact, a girl.

"Who is that girl, Sun?" Ni-ki asked, his brows furrowed after the mysterious pair rode away from the school compounds.

With a clenched jaw and his sharp, almond-shaped eyes, Sunoo rolled his eyes before gesturing Ni-ki to follow him.

"I don't know Riki, but we have to tell Jay. Something about that girl doesn't sit right with me,"

"Do you know her? Do I know her? As long as it's not a Choi, everything should be okay right?" Ni-ki continued asking questions innocently, unaware of a certain black car that Sunoo was looking at.

"Look at that car and tell me if you notice anything familiar," Sunoo uttered as he crossed his arms sassily.

"Don't be creepy Sun it's just like any other black ca- holy shit! It has the Choi Family crest on it!" Ni-ki gasped in shock as he snarled distastefully.

"That girl came out of that car Riki and my gut tells me that she's not Choi Jangmi,"