five

CHOI MANOR

"Really guys? Out of all the costumes you could think of you chose to be Hogwarts students? Without me?!"

In his Hufflepuff robe, Soobin chuckled before gently ruffling his sister's hair. The boys knew how much Jihyun loved Harry Potter yet it was unfortunate that she couldn't join them.

"I'm stuck with these annoying Angel wings!" Jihyun groaned in annoyance.

"You're Angelic act doesn't suit your demonic persona though-"

"Yeonjun, before I stick your fake wand up you ass-"

"Jihyun! Where are you?" A voice called out from the crowd.

Jihyun reluctantly sighed, casting her brother and her friends a wary look before averting her attention towards her mother's voice. Standing beside her mother was none other than Kang Yeosang, which confused the girl.

"I'll be back guys," Jihyun muttered as she made her way towards her mother.

The five boys' gazes followed Jihyun, noticing the shift in her mood. Knowing they had no control over her situation, the boys could only empathise with her desperation to live as Choi Jihyun. Neither an heiress nor a bride to be; just Jihyun.

"Jihyun, this is-"

"Kang Yeosang, yes mother we grew up together!" Jihyun exclaimed as she embraced the taller boy.

"Still as short as ever Jihyun," Yeosang teased as he returned her embrace.

Missus Choi glanced happily at her daughter and Yeosang, glad that they already had a bond to begin with. The thing is, Jihyun still had no idea who her parents were marrying her off to. Surely, there wouldn't be any problem if she told them they were to be wed soon right?

"I'm so glad that the future of The Chois and Kangs are already so well bonded!" Missus Choi beamed.

Furrowing her brows in confusion, Jihyun peeled herself off from Yeosang's arms. Looking back and forth between Yeosang and her mother, Jihyun's eyes widened as soon as she figured it out.

"I'm- WE are getting married?!" Jihyun exclaimed, clearly flabbergasted at the shocking news.

"I know, I was just as shocked as you are. However, I do find you quite endearing as my future wife," Yeosang commented, trying to ease the sudden tension.

Just like that, Yeosang and Jihyun's friendship was long forgotten. A once fun loving friendship that lasted a decade was now replaced with an arranged marriage. Of course Jihyun didn't want to marry Yeosang, she saw him as her older brother; somebody like Soobin or even Yeonjun. However, Yeosang was the polar opposite. He had desired Jihyun the moment she turned 18.

Regret filled Jihyun's heart as she wished to marry anyone but her friends. Unfortunately, it was too late to back out from the confirmed marriage. Allowing some of her pride to fall, Jihyun returned a small smile to her mother and Yeosang who beamed contentedly.

"The feeling's mutual, future husband," Jihyun sweetly replied, internally gagging at herself.

"Please surrender any weapons you have. You may retrieve it back when you leave,"

"I'm Ni-ki, I'm 15 and it's a toy gu-"

"Riki you best be surrendering that toy gun," Jay scolded in a low voice.

Ni-ki scowled grumpily before placing his gun and his many hidden weapons in a bag, finally surrendering it to the security guard who stared down at him. Jungwon chuckled softly at Ni-ki's antics, wishing he was as carefree as him. As the seven boys entered the undeniably crowded Choi Manor, there was no doubt that they would be separated in the sea of people.

Before Jungwon could call out for his friends, a hand gripped firmly onto his forearm. Turning around, Jungwon sighed in relief once he realised it was just Heeseung. However, his best friend held in his other hand a tall glass of a glowing blue liquid. Tilting his head in confusion, Jungwon wondered what on earth Heeseung was drinking.

"This is for you Won. Remember, just have fun tonight okay?" Heeseung said before pushing the glass into Jungwon's hands.

"Wait Heeseung what's thi-"

Jungwon sighed in defeat, unable to get an answer from Heeseung who had already dispersed into the sea of the chaotic crowd. Looking down at the glowing blue liquid, Jungwon just assumed it wasn't anything bad. Gulping down the blue drink, the young heir discarded of the glass before dancing slowly to the upbeat rhythm.

However, the young heir can't help but to feel suffocated amongst the crowd of sweaty and drunk party people. His breathing soon turned ragged, his vision showing various hues of blue and red. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. Despite the sudden euphoria rushing through his veins, Jungwon found it overwhelming as he wasn't used to such a feeling.

Deciding to remove himself from the crowd while he still could, Jungwon managed to escape the stuffiness of it all.

"Heeseung you idiot, my alcohol tolerance isn't that high," Jungwon muttered to himself.