seventeen

YANG-CHOI
UNIFICATION PROPOSAL 2014

YANG MANOR

It was all because of Yang Jungwon's father, his greed and jealousy getting the best of him to the point he played dirty as soon as Jungwon turned 10.

"If you as so much fail your midterms, you can say goodbye to your freedom forever. You will not leave this room until I get back from my meeting, got that?!" Mister Yang seethed furiously before locking a sobbing Jungwon in his study room.

"Father please! I promise I'll get straight As just please don't lock me in here all by myself!" Jungwon wailed desperately as he pounded his fists against the mahogany door.

The sound of his father's footsteps receded away from the study room, leaving Jungwon slumped against the door in shame and fear. His 10 year old heart wasn't able to absorb the ungodly amount of pressure his father had bestowed upon him. The young heir soon after hugged his knees close to him as he rocked himself back and forth in attempt to calm his anxious heart.

Moments passed yet no one came to rescue him from the 4 walls that trapped his entire being.

Tears continued to stream down his cheeks as he forced himself to recall the Chemistry equations that were far beyond his level of learning. However, the young heir's mind suddenly went hazy, his heart pounding faster than it should. Cold sweats trickled down his forehead as he breathed erratically.

Something didn't feel right, his heart hurt and he couldn't comprehend the immense pain felt.

His loud thoughts and suffering were soon silenced by the resonating sound of a gunshot from outside—and just like that, did the young heir pass out cold on the floor.

"Youngchul, please for the sake of Jungwon, agree to this. They need each other-"

"They don't need each other! That girl," Yang Youngchul started as he pointed his finger at Choi Jihyun.

He couldn't stand the brief sight of her glowing gold orbs, indicating that her bond with his son was growing stronger again. He hated how he saw it moments ago when he screamed at his son, the gold in Jungwon's eyes infuriated him even more.

"She's in the way of my son's future! I couldn't care less whether or not they're soulmates, they don't belong together!" Mister Yang shouted at the timid girl stood across him.

"Don't you think it would benefit our families? If Choi Enterprises and Yang Group join forces now, our future would be glowing gold!" Mister Choi desperately persuaded.

As Mister Yang stared masochistically at the family of four before him, his urge to grab his gun prevailed. He hated the idea of family, for his very own parents abandoned him at a young age. He wanted Jungwon to experience luxury and comfort, he wanted his son to succeed and know that he would never abandon him.

The fact that his own son was fated to be with the daughter of the man he absolutely loathed already made Yang Youngchul feel abandoned. To him, blood will always be thicker than water.

Pulling out his gun, Yang Youngchul aimed his gun at 10 year old Jihyun before pulling the trigger. The bullet immediately pierced through her chest as it internally grazed past her heart. Jihyun's heart—the only part of her that belonged to Jungwon yet Mister Yang wasn't a fool to kill her.

Killing Jihyun meant that he was killing his very own son too. He felt it, their bond was strong and they were only 10 years old. All he had to do was make the pair go through immense pain, enough for them to forget they ever had a soulmate.

On that day in 2014, did Jungwon and Jihyun's bond break.