six

Jihyun stood alongside her mother and Yeosang, bored to death as she observed the two individuals engage in business talk. She would very much rather be with her brother, cousin and friends.

"Please excuse me, I'll be using the restroom," Jihyun bowed respectfully.

Smiling weakly at her mother and Yeosang, Jihyun removed herself from the uncomfortable interaction as she made her way towards the Manor's restrooms. Fortunately enough, there weren't any signs of drunk and creepy guests near the restroom's area. Blessed enough was the young heiress to be able to admire the fairly large aquarium stationed at the entrance of the restrooms.

Jihyun chuckled at the unnecessary decoration but still found peace as she admired the various fishes swimming. Adoring the aquarium's colourful corals and flowing kelp, Jihyun's eyes suddenly came in contact with a pair of alluring, deep set eyes. The pair of eyes amidst the corals looked away in alarm, caught red-handed for staring at the girl.

Jihyun found the mannerisms of the owner's eyes rather adorable, straightening her posture as she tried find the pair of captivating eyes that hid behind the other side of the aquarium. True enough, she came face to face with an unfamiliar boy who seemingly looked her age. The boy curiously looked at Jihyun, his brooding eyes admiring her subtle and gentle features which he found rather attractive.

Jihyun peeled her gaze away from the curious boy, bashfully smiling as she tried to distract herself from his gentle yet alluring eyes. Something about the boy tickled a soft spot in her heart despite not knowing who he was. The boy returned a warm smile as soon as Jihyun looked at him again, his heart racing as he felt a certain bond between them.

"There you are! What took you so long? Mom's looking for you!" A voice suddenly interrupted their comfortable silence.

"Just needed a breather Binnie,"

Jihyun turned her head towards the voice in alarm, realising she took far too long away from her mother and Yeosang. However, she glanced back once more at the raven-haired boy dressed as an undeniably handsome prince. Her heart wanting to reach out to him a little more but she was only pulled away by Soobin.

Thankfully, Jungwon had followed almost immediately for he did not want to lose sight of the captivating girl.

"Yeosang wants to dance with you!" Soobin exclaimed.

Jihyun soon came face to face with her groom-to-be, plastering a meek smile at Yeosang who stuck his hand out. Taking his hand, Yeosang gently pulled Jihyun towards him before swaying her along to the music. Jihyun returned a small smile to her childhood friend, unable to feel an attraction to him.

Internally dreading to agreeing with her mother, the young heiress avoided her fiancé's gaze as they slow-danced. As her eyes shifted around, she suddenly caught sight of the Prince-like boy with cat-like eyes. Turns out, he was watching her in adoration all along. Feeling her heart thump out of her chest, a small blush crept up on Jihyun's cheeks.

Jungwon smiled widely to himself once he successfully caught the unknown girl's bright eyes, her rose-tinted cheeks causing the young heir's heart to flutter. For once, Jungwon felt all his worries and heartaches wash away.

Jihyun and Yeosang's dance soon came to end. The young heiress curtsied but was only left alone as Yeosang was yet, called again by her mother. Yeosang smiled curtly before leaving Jihyun standing alone, the young heiress who only huffed out in annoyance. Jihyun frantically looked around the crowd of party people, hoping to spot Soobin or Beomgyu.

Instead, a hand gripped onto her wrist taking the young heiress aback. Not long after was she gently spun around, locking eyes with none other than the doe-eyed boy. With a cheeky yet warm smile, the boy pressed a small kiss on her hand.

"Hello Angel,"