intermission

Before any of you get confused about the next few chapters, I will be explaining MY TAKE on this soulmate au.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Jungwon & Jihyun's soulmate bond
involves the following:

- iris colour changes to gold and is ONLY EVIDENT to indicate that their bond is growing.

- their bond is formed by the
Red String of Fate which encases their heart.

[so instead of being intertwined by their pinkies, the String attaches itself to the heart and then attaches itself to their soulmate]

- they can only feel each other's pain when their bond is STRONG.

- a strong bond is only built after a year or two.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Since Mister Yang shot Jihyun and missed her heart only by inches, it means that the bullet broke the Red Strings that covered Jihyun's heart.

Since they could still feel each other's pain, it explains why Jungwon passed out as well.

As they were still young, their bond continued to grow stronger despite their lack of interaction. This is only because they're growing older and maturing.

However after their broken bond, they were isolated from each other and only met when they were 18.

This means that their Strings found their way back to each other :)

However, Jungwon & Jihyun's bond remain weak throughout the entire book since it was broken at first and they were separated for far too long.

Okay now back to the story.