eleven

"We'll leave you guys to talk," Heeseung said as he dragged Soobin out of Jungwon's room.

"We'll be back in 2 hours to go home Ji," Soobin muttered as he followed Heeseung.

Jungwon pursed his lips into a thin line, his dimples popping out as he stared blankly into space. Soobin sighed in frustration, wishing he wasn't so straightforward now that Jungwon and his sister's smiles dropped. Thankfully, Heeseung was there to ease the tension.

As Heeseung and Soobin left the room as quietly as possible, Jihyun warily faced the taller boy she held hands with. Noticing the small details on his face that expressed worry and hopelessness, Jihyun could only empathise with him.

"How have you been?" Jihyun asked softly, shifting the subject of the topic on marriage into catching up instead.

"I've been.. I've been okay so far. It's been a while since I last saw you Jihyun, you grew up well," Jungwon responded as he faced Jihyun.

Just like that, was Jungwon's worries washed away as Jihyun exuded a calm and reassuring aura that warmed his fragile heart. A small smile formed on his lips as he realised he was finally alone with his first love. Before Jangmi, was Jihyun; the girl he enjoyed being around when he was younger.

"I grew up well? You're the one who's taller than me!" Jihyun exclaimed as she tip-toed to match her shorter height with Jungwon.

"I've always been taller than you, you dwarf," Jungwon snickered causing Jihyun to flick his forehead.

"You're still a little rascal aren't you?"

"I'm actually a gentleman thank you very much," Jungwon self-praised, causing Jihyun to laugh at his earnest pride.

Jungwon and Jihyun thereafter, sat slightly cuddled up on the couch placed in front of the fireplace in his room. Taking their time to catch up on the 12 years they were apart, they only discovered that their parents deliberately created a drift between them.

"You were homeschooled?" Jungwon sputtered out in disbelief.

"Pretty much yea, Dad won't let me go to the same school with Soobin, Beomgyu and my friends," Jihyun sighed sadly, unable to fathom what a normal school experience would be like.

"Do you know the reason why they homeschooled you?" Jungwon asked curiously as he gently played with Jihyun's hands.

"They didn't want me near you. I don't know why but that's the reason,"

A soft exhale escaped Jihyun's lips as she fixated her gaze softly at Jungwon's endearing antics. She couldn't understand the feud between their families at all. She couldn't understand why her parents spoke so ill of Jungwon when he was in fact, someone so gentle and pure.

In other words, Yang Jungwon had always been her soulmate. Both Jungwon and Jihyun knew but could never understand how they came to be. They were apart for far too long that she couldn't remember anything.

After all, they were only 6 years old.

"Heeseung, I have to tell you something important," Soobin whispered as they sat across from each other in Heeseung's study room.

With a brow raised, Heeseung glanced up from his phone before fixating his attention to the seriousness his friend expressed.

"If this is about your relationship with Yeonjun, I already told you I'd keep it a secret-"

"We can talk about that later you twerp!" Soobin exclaimed as a reddish blush burned his cheeks.

"Aw you're blushing! You're too whipped for Donald Duck I swear," Heeseung teased only for Soobin to pout grumpily.

"I am! And what about it?!" Soobin exclaimed bashfully causing Heeseung to chuckle at Soobin's soft side.

Soobin huffed out in annoyance as he crossed his arms firmly, now stubbornly facing away from the younger boy who was busy giggling. Soobin glanced again at Heeseung before bursting into laughter as well. As the two boys laughed together, they only wished that their friends hadn't been separated for they weren't able to be friends freely.

"Okay okay, what did you want to talk about?" Heeseung asked after calming down.

Clearing his throat, Soobin's expression darkened as his eyes held anxiousness and seriousness. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he locked eyes with Heeseung, who eagerly waited for Soobin to continue.

"Do you believe in soulmate bonds Heeseung?" Soobin asked in a hushed tone.

"What are you trying to say Soobin?" Heeseung frowned at the absurd question asked.

"Believe me or not, but Jungwon and Jihyun were soulmates. I know I sound crazy but that's the reason why our families are feuding," Soobin revealed as he clasped his hands together.

"In all honesty, I'm one to believe in soulmate bonds and I'm not really surprised. Although, I must ask; what do you mean by were?" Heeseung rambled in one breath as confusion dawned on his face.

A million thoughts ran through Soobin's mind as he pondered whether Heeseung deserved to know the history of Jungwon and Jihyun's past. With his tightly clenched fists, Soobin only felt resentment towards Yang Jungwon's family. Staring darkly at the portrait of The Yangs and their Allies hanging on the wall, Soobin felt his blood boil at the sight of one particular man.

"Yang Jungwon's father broke their bond,"