twenty-five

MYEONGDONG CATHEDRAL

Leaving them to reconcile after a horrendous night, Jay smiled thankfully at Jihyun before going back to Jungkook's office. As Jihyun cried in Jungwon's arms, the 18 year old boy couldn't help but feel guilty for causing her hurt.

Doubting his worth, his arms fell loosely to his sides as he desperately fought the urge to embrace Jihyun. However, the brunette-haired girl only hugged him tighter knowing he was resisting every possible idea about them. Despite his sins, she still loved him and she was willing to fight for him.

"Jihyun, please don't make this difficult for me," Jungwon's voice trembled as he faced the distressed girl before him.

"You're nothing like your father Won. Please don't give up now," Jihyun responded as she gently cupped the side of his face.

"I k-killed them, why are you still here? Shouldn't you be afraid of me?" Jungwon uttered out in disbelief as he avoided eye contact with Jihyun.

"I'm here because I'm afraid I'll lose you again," Jihyun replied softly before tilting his head forward.

With her palm grazing softly against the side of his face, Jungwon sniffled tiredly as he rested his cheek against her warm hand. Looking at her golden-brown eyes, his heart felt at ease again. The raging storm that once occured in his tired body was now comforted by his lover's warmth.

Admiring at his gentle features despite the evident dark eyebags, Jihyun wished only the best for their love. Without anymore hesitation, Jihyun stood on her tiptoes before softly connecting her lips with his. With his arms swiftly encircling around her waist, Jungwon held her safely as if his life depended on her living. Although he knew how strong Jihyun was, he knew her heart was glass—trusting only him to hold it.

"I love you Ji, and I hope to continue to live freely everyday just to tell you that," Jungwon admitted as he rested his forehead against Jihyun's.

Smiling fondly at the taller boy, Jihyun brushed her nose against Jungwon's before placing a small kiss on his cheek. Embracing each other's vulnerable state, the pair of star-crossed lovers were in it together. To avenge the loss of their loved ones by making their love worth it.

"I love you more Jungwon,"

For a moment, time stood still and the Universe cooperated with The Heavens—allowing the last of their bittersweet memories together.

"I'll have to fly out of Korea by this weekend," Jungwon sighed as he sat beside Jihyun one of the pews.

"By weekend, don't you mean tomorrow?" Jihyun asked as she rested her head on his shoulder.

Heaving a heavy sigh, Jungwon placed his arm around her as she cuddled up closer to him. Initially, Jungwon and Jihyun were supposed to fly off to Canada the day they got married. If it weren't for what happened, everyone would still be alive—they didn't have to be held back anymore.

"Will you still come with me?" Jungwon quietly asked as he glanced down at Jihyun.

At first, her eyes held deep consideration for she was afraid that Soobin would instead, pay for her mishaps. She didn't want to leave her older brother alone with monsters. Not to mention the recent passing of Beomgyu, Jihyun had become too attached to her way of living.

But as soon as his eyes met with hers, Jihyun understood she was doing what was best for both families—to let them know she was truly, madly and deeply in love with a certain Yang. For Jungwon, she'd give up her whole life for she trusted him that much.

"I'll see you at the airport tomorrow by 7:30AM lover boy," Jihyun nodded before intertwining her small hands with his.

Enjoying the calm, they were finally set on Canada—a place where they'd start anew with the help of a certain Lee comrade; courtesy of Soobin's support and old friend.

Surely, they'd finally be free of stressful duties and ungodly, forbidden rules right? Surely, they'd be able to love freely..

Right?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N:
Lee comrade 😼
if you read 10TIHAY then you probably know who Soobin's friend is😚

Also book is ending soon :")

trying to delay publishing cos I've grown attached to writing Calamity
</3

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━