twenty-eight

6AM

"Jungwon wait-"

Before Chief Jeong could even hold the young boy back, the latter had already stormed out of the Chief's humble abode. His mind in a frenzy as he stumbled out onto the hallway before running down the flight of stairs of the housing complex. Somewhere deep down in his heart did he refuse to believe she was dead. Yet, his mind told him otherwise.

Turns out that Jeong Jaehyun was the one who received the message from Jeon Jungkook, who blatantly informed him about the entire scheme. It was all bad timing seeing that they could've known earlier. As for the young heir, he was informed by Choi Soobin, who was in the midst of grieving for Jihyun.

As Jungwon hopped onto his motorbike without the precautionary measure of his helmet, the raven-haired boy zoomed away from the housing estate. Tears sprung out of his eyes as he sped past the numerous vehicles on the road. It hasn't even been a month since he was reconciled with his lover and the fact she was gone broke him.

"Angel, why did you leave me alone in this Hell?" Jungwon thought bitterly to himself before speeding past a red light.

His life merely flashed before his eyes as he managed to avoid getting hit by the incoming vehicles. It didn't take long for Chief Jeong to catch up with runaway heir, seeing the ruckus he caused on the road. With much honking from drivers and curses thrown at Jungwon, Chief Jeong had no choice to follow after him.

It was one thing to hide a young juvenile, and another to lose him. Jeong Jaehyun only feared that Jungwon would lose control again. This time, Jungwon was only putting his own life at stake.

CHOI MANOR

"Let me pass through or I'll fucking shoot,"

It didn't take long for Jungwon to reach the Choi Manor, his gun pointed threateningly towards the security guards who refused to let him in. His wide eyes intently glaring at the men before him. His fingers gripped tightly onto the heavy metal gun in his hands as he pushed his away through the Manor's gates.

Lightning flashed throughout the dark, morning sky before the booming sound of thunder clapped. The security guards of course, were not intimidated by the young heir for they had guns of their own. While Jungwon had an ordeal, the security guards only made a mockery out of him.

"Silly boy, you very well know you're not allowed through!" One of the security guards chortled before pushing Jungwon to the ground.

"I'll do as I fucking please,"

Snarling at the bigger men before him, Jungwon immediately got up before shooting at their legs. Screaming a harsh cry as he successfully shot them down, not caring whether or not it would cost him. Running past the wailing guards, the raven-haired boy entered Choi Grounds with a heavy heart.

However, he was only held back by Chief Jeong who appeared right on time. Grabbing the lighter boy by his collar, Jungwon trashed about in Jaehyun's grip before aiming his gun at the latter.

"Jungwon will you please get it together?!" Chief Jeong exclaimed worriedly as he held his hands up in defence.

"She's gone, and yet you of all people want to hold me back from seeing her?!" Jungwon bellowed angrily as he cocked his gun against Jaehyun's torso.

Sighing in frustration, Jaehyun smacked Jungwon's gun out his grasp before pulling him roughly by his shirt collar again. His eyes eyes held empathy yet seniority towards the distressed boy.

"She's not dead Won," Jaehyun whispered in a hushed tone yet, Jungwon only shook his head in disbelief.

"But Soobin said-"

"You'll see that Jihyun's alive and well, just give her time to wake up okay? I promise you that the both of you will be safe and happy,"

Embracing a sobbing Jungwon in his arms, Chief Jeong couldn't help but feel the young boy's pain. Losing his own soulmate made him want to help the young couple as much as possible. Yet even after comforting Jungwon with his words, Jeong Jaehyun couldn't find the confidence to guarantee their happiness.

It was 6:30AM in the morning.

The sky as black as a devil's soul before branched lightning lit up the unusual morning sky. Thunder rumbled afterwards before the tears of Heaven came pouring down.

"Are you sure she's still alive?"

Observing both Chief Jeong and Jungwon, the shadow hiding from afar could only feel his heart break. With every passing minute, the hidden shadow only despised himself more and more.

"Yes Uncle, Jihyun will wake up within an hour," the shadow uttered quietly, his fists clenched as he turned away from the sight of his sobbing cousin.

"Good job Jay, for that I'll spare your parents' lives. I'll be there within an hour then," the man on the other side of the line sinisterly chuckled.