thirty

"Hey love?! Is that a-all you have to say to me?!" Jungwon rambled in between tears towards a very tired Jihyun.

Despite her fatigue from the heavy dose of Jungkook's creation, it was washed away by the pure shock and relief the moment she woke up. Initially, she was unable to overcome the strong after effects of the blue liquid she consumed—that was until her eyelids fluttered open. Instead of being greeted by an awaiting and patient Jungwon, she was instead a greeted by the sight of her soulmate about to take his own life.

"You're mad at me? What were you thinking when you were about to pull the trigger huh?" Jihyun retorted back sassily as she continuously wiped away his stream of tears.

"I thought you were really gone since you didn't wake up on time," Jungwon muttered quietly upon Jihyun's sassy response.

Sighing in defeat at the sight of his protruding dimples, Jihyun nodded understandingly before pulling the taller boy in her embrace once again. For one, she doubted that Jungwon had been briefed of the plan after seeing his state in distress. The least she could do at such a sensitive moment was to hold him.

"You small baby," Jihyun giggled softly as she caressed his cheeks with her delicate hands. Her warmth was enough for Jungwon and so was her existence.

"I'm glad you're alive Ji, I'm so fucking glad," Jungwon whispered as he rested his cheek against the palm of her hand.

"You and your foul mouth," Jihyun shook her head, a smile plastered on her face before finally connecting her lips with her soulmate's.

Like their first kiss on Jihyun's balcony, time stopped and The Heavens was on their side once again. Their kiss was undeniably sweet, laced with purity and the innocence of their love. At the same time, it was tinted with sadness and longing—as if it was their last.

Pulling away briefly, Jungwon gazed lovingly into Jihyun's doe-like eyes. A smile crept up on his face as he tucked away a strand of hair behind her ear. Jihyun scrunched her nose in response, feeling bashful before burying her face in his broad chest.

"Don't do that again okay?" Jungwon poutily said as Jihyun giggled in response.

"That won't ever happen again once we're in Canada Wonie. Are you ready to go?" Jihyun asked softly as she peeled herself away from his embrace.

"Wait, let me hold you a little longer," Jungwon muttered before pulling his soulmate back in his arms. His eyes twinkling with love and adoration towards Jihyun, his dazzling eyes that made her heart flutter.

As the pair of star-crossed lovers sat on the petal-covered floor in each other's embrace, little did they know their bittersweet moment would come to an end. They were unknowingly cornered and no one could save their sorrowful souls at that moment in time. For what—or rather who, came through the Choi Vault's doors hated the sight of happiness.

"I love you Ji," Jungwon earnestly admitted, his heart full of love as he gazed longingly into her brown orbs.

"I love y-"

Heavy and quick footsteps echoed towards the pair, ill intentions evident by the cocking sound of his gun. The man in red's eyes glinted with menace as he locked eyes with his son, gun aimed at Jihyun's back. Jungwon's bloodshot eyes widened in alarm as he clutched tightly onto his lover's frail body.