28

Fill in chapter

"Okay Jayda just remember we're not a mafia. We don't kill for fun, we just love to make money and we have rules set in order to maintain orginization, but you know with niggas there will always be some shit." Malcolm told me. I sucked my teeth. We were the only two plus Boris and Vinny standing in the room inside the warehouse. The other two guards, Thomas and Big L were on the outskirts of the building.

"See that mindset is exactly why every time I talked to you guys old alliances they laughed when I called on behalf of Catora. Y'all need to stop acting like niggas sometimes and act like men. Malcolm, trust me I got this. A few minor adjustments should do this unit some good." I clenched onto my clipboard with a list of ideas and suggestions so I won't forget what I needed to say.

"Alright then. They should be coming in any minute." He looked at his expensive watch while yawning. It was pretty late outside so I completely understood.

I was going over my list for the fifth time when my eyes caught Malcolm's hand steady brushing over his stomach. I raised a brow.

"Don't tell me you're nervous?"

"Nervous? Why would I be nervous about these hoes?"

"I mean you keep holding onto your stomach like you got the bubble guts." He dropped his head down low laughing.

"Bubble guts. I ain't heard that one in so long." He raised his shirt and lifted it and my smile dropped. "My stab wound turned into a keloid and now it's itching like crazy."

"Oh my God when you get stabbed?"

"Some weeks back. That psycho Devon is the reason. We was in a meeting with Sebastion when he asked Devon was giving his long term enemy Tiny a piece of his product and that idiot Devon said yes. I didn't even see the shit coming, I just felt a sting slice right through me." He shook his head.

"I'm so sorry about that. I wish I was able to make him out before that happened." I began to let the guilt attach at my hip once again. I felt like I was the main reason Devon got so far with what he did. I felt like I didn't even know my boyfriend for real.

"It's not your fault. If anything we the ones to blame. We knew crazy ass Devon you didn't." I shook my head at myself. I know he was trying to comfort me and divert the blame, but that didn't stop me from feeling the same way.

"What exactly did y'all do to him?"

"You really want to know? I don't think your ears are equipped for that kind of specification." He pulled my earlobe and I snatched away telling him to stop.

"Don't try that shit with me. I just need to make sure he's gone. As much as he ruined my life, I don't want to go to jail for his disappearance."

"I promise you, nobody will ever find his remains." Remains. Just the sound of that made me queasy.

"That's not good enough for me Malcolm." I said in all seriousness. See he may be used to living the dangerous life of murdering and disappearing bodies, but I'm new to this and I definitely won't stay true to this. I have night terrors about Devon waiting to kill me for unmasking the truth about him. This just adds on to when I catch myself hallucinating about seeing Sylvester. I would ask him about Sylvester, but I don't think I wanted to bring up old skeletons.

"We beat his ass all the way to the lake. Broke his bones and made him bleed. We tied him up like a hog and we attached that block to his ankles. We tossed his ass on a boat and drove out as far as we could before we dropped his ass in the water. That's good enough for you?" My skin shivered.

"Did you blindfold him?"

"Nah. Well his eyes were pretty much beat swole so he probably couldn't see shit. We made sure to knock out all his teeth. So if he was found one day, which he never will be, the examiners won't be able to ID him from his dental records."