34

JAYDA'S PERSPECTIVE

I've been stressed. Cato's spots got raided by the police a few days ago, but they didn't find any drugs or weapons. Luckily.

Cato had MadMan notify me and made sure I followed his exact instructions on hiding anything of significance that could keep him in prison. I hid any guns and money laying around. I also had to cancel a meeting with a new connection due to the raid. He understood though and was kind enough to reschedule for next week.

What am I doing now? I'm in the back of the car with Boris and Vinny is driving to Tayvon's house to retrieve Justyce's bracelet. She won't accept any that I've bought her. I even lied and said Cato told me to give them to her but she refuses to wear them. It's like she lost her teddy bear or something, even though Justyce isn't one to get attached to teddy bears. But this object being taken away seemed to have bothered her. I don't know why because she's only three and a half.

I texted Tayvon telling him I'm on his front porch and seconds later he opened the door.

"Where's her bracelet?" I wasted no time. I don't care, I will always be on bullshit with Tayvon. I mean he did shoot at me and his daughter before. He's lucky I couldn't prove shit to the courts. The camera from the stadium only went back so far by the time I could use them as evidence that he shot at me and Justyce.

"You got that nigga out your house?" What? This nigga is crazy.

"I asked you a question."

"I don't got that cheap ass shit."

"Cheap? Far from it. Did you buy it? No, I don't think so."

"I don't have a bracelet." He raised his voice.

"What's the matter with you? Why are you being more of an asshole than you usually are?"

"If you really wanna know, my girl left me. She went back to California with my son." I wanted to laugh so bad, but I didn't even want him to think that I enjoyed an ounce of happiness around him. He'd flip me laughing at him as laughing with him because he's sick like that.

"Well, I don't really care to comment on your situation because honestly, I could care less about Lollipop or whatever the hell her name is."

"I know Jayda. You know what? I'm tripping. I-I do have the bracelet. Let me get it. Come in." He opened the door more inviting me in.

"No thanks, I'm good right here. Go get the damn bracelet bro." I got irritated.

"Jayda. It's like fifteen degrees out here."

"Chicago born and raised, I can handle a little chill," I said as a matter of fact.

"Then I'm not getting the bracelet."

"Tayvon, I'm not finna stand here and play games with you. Either you go get my baby bracelet or Ima have some niggas come tear this bitch up."

"Bring 'em."

"Oh my God. Hurry up." I stepped inside. I stood directly in front of his door. I didn't even dare to step foot past the door hallway.

"You're always threatening me like I'm pussy or something Jayda.." His voice trailed as he walked further into the house. I scanned the parts of the house I could see. There were family pictures of him, his son, and Lola on the tables and the walls. I spotted a basket of toys on the floor next to the couch. I spotted open packs of dutches on the table too. Since when did he smoke? Whatever. I don't know this person anymore.