19

Jayda's POINT OF VIEW

PRESENT TIME. TWO HOURS LATER

I glanced at the clock on my phone for the umpteenth time this early morning. 4:11 it read. After only sleeping for an hour, I sat up all night thinking about what me and CantGetRight discovered. I wanted to go along with the plan so bad, but my patience was running thin. I felt betrayed. I felt humiliated. and most of all, I was lied to. I scanned the tattoos that I kissed a million times. Those brown lips that once lit a spark in the pit of my stomach. Everything was a lie. And it sent me into a rage. I am so sick of being played. It's not fun at all and it hurts me to the core.

I just stared at his perfectly structured face taking in all the brown details. His nose flared and unflared with every exhale and his brows were relaxed, not the usual scrunching I was used to seeing. I tried to study each one through the blue hues from the satin dark blue slip I tossed on top of the lamp. A tear trickled down my face when I came to accept that everything was a lie.

I crawled on top of him before grinding myself into him until his body started to react to me. I smirked. Sex is can be a girls best friend. A throaty moan escaped his lips as he rose and awoke himself with his eyes still closed shut. With no words shared, his hand began to caress my thigh and my hands reached under the pillow to pull out my special surprise. Something I thought he might enjoy before our little trip to Miami.

I trailed the cold nose of the gun down from his nose and over his lips and finally resting it under his chin.

"Wake up babe." I sang in a low melody.

"I'm too tired, Jayda maybe after the flight."

"But I wanna scream your name now." I moaned into his ear covering the gun in between our chests.

"I promise after the flight, then you can scream my name all you want." I laughed in his ear, getting hot and pumped with adrenaline.

"I don't think so Devon. You're not Cato." I moved the gun to his face carefully switching my finger from the trigger guard to the trigger. He slowly opened his eyes and froze when his eyes zoomed in on the nose of the gun pointed directly at the center of his face.

"Baby."

"You've got five seconds to tell me where Cato is or else I'm going to blow your head off your shoulders." I felt myself diverting away from the plan. Hopefully CantGetRight dozed off enough until I got some answers myself. I had a feeling he wouldn't give anything up while the guys bashed his head in.

"Jayda I think those pills you took last night got you experiencing some kind of psychological side effects so I'm going to need you to put that gun down."

"One."

"I am Cato. I'm still here babe."

"You're different! You're so different. Ever since that fucking accident. What happened? Two."

"I-I guess I changed." He gazed at the wall behind me. He was trying to get me to turn around. I wasn't going to fall for that.

"Devon, tell me the truth. Please, it's the least you can do."

"I'm fine Jayda. Put the gun down and-" he stopped in the middle of his sentence when he realized that he fucked up.

"I noticed last night. Cato had a cut deep enough to leave a six inch scar on his abdomen. You have no scars. Cato doesn't eat egg rolls. You had me order them one day. Cato uses the bathroom while I shower. Cato would tell me how much he loves me. And Cato has a tattoo of my name behind his ear. That's one tattoo you forgot to add to your body Devon." I used my other hand to balance the gun and grip tightly because my body was starting to shake. I was feeling a wave of emotions and it was affecting my sight. "I will admit you almost had me with the sad story about Sunny. I almost believed you."