36

JAYDA'S PERSPECTIVE

I walked into the warehouse wearing an all black bodysuit with a green vest and Bottega boots with green at the bottom with my newly done hair molded up into a high sleek ponytail. There was a comforting sound coming from my thick heeled boots thumping against the cement floors as I walked closer to the small group of familiar men and one being beat in the middle. Some were laughing and held smirks upon their faces, while others held frighting mugs.

"So this is our traitor?" I asked as someone sent a blow to his eye which swole up before our eyes. I internally winced at the sight.

"Yeah. Caught him hanging over there where Diamond lives." Malcolm answered.

"MadMan I just live over there. I swear I've never spoken to that man a day in my life-arghh!" MadMan sent a punch to his face catching me off guard. I've never seen him act so violent before.

"Shut the fuck up bro real talk. You ain't in the position to be saying shit nigga," Some other average e height guy sent another punch to his stomach causing a little vomit to exit his mama mouth.

"Naw man lemme explain," Malcolm was about to hit him again too when I raised my finger causing everyone to back up. I crouched down to retrieve his prescripted glasses which were bent out of shape before placing them back on his face so that he could see me clearly.

"Okay look, I'm a reasonable woman. Explain yourself." I sat in the chair directly in front of him with my elbows on my knees and my face directly in front of his giving him the floor to talk. I took in the injuries and from the looks of it, if he didn't get to talking soon he just might pass out from them. His caramel skin was beaten and battered and bloody and he held a sheen of sweat on his swollen face and neck. And his shaky breathing was uneven and shallow.

"I'm giving you the opportunity to redeem yourself so you need to talk. I don't know how much longer I can hold them off of you so," I put my hands up in defense as I urged him to give his side of the story.

Rico, the bloody man on his knees held a baffled looked as he sat in the fistful grip of Tej, a fellow member of Cato's organization. He obviously didn't expect me to say that.

"I-I was," he exhaled deeply shutting his eyes. "I was just seeing a shorty over there that's all Jayda." He looked up at me with his only functioning eye.

"A girl huh? What's her name?"

"Alicia. Y-You can call her and she'll prove everything I'm saying is true. C'mon me and your boyfriend go way back-" A blow was sent to his jaw causing blood to spatter a few feet from my feet and a tooth chipped and fell to the floor.

"Thought I told yo monkey ass to be quiet nigga. Next time it's all fronts so I suggest you speak when asked dumbass." Tej stood over him with balled fists and biceps ready to burst through his black and white t-shirt.

"I asked him a question though?" I snickered kind of appalled by his actions.

"I guess I just felt like socking the nigga in his eye again," he shrugged.

"Anyways Rico, I'm sure Alicia's words will correlate with what you're telling being that she's your girl and all. But I am more interested in what business you have with Diamond." I stared at him. He didn't respond giving me all the confirmation I needed. Alright then.

"You been stealing from us? Giving product to him."

"Nah man. Never that man." He denied.

"Setting any of us up? The younger crew in particular."

"I don't got no business with him at all. I swear to God bro." His bottom lip began to quiver.

"Then why are you crying?" I took in the tears spilling from his eyes.