33

THIRD PERSPECTIVE

"So you're kicking me out? You're just gonna break up with me over some petty beef." Bayou's eyes were filled with tears daring the spill. Malcolm had just came in and snatched her out of bed from her afternoon nap. He explained why he was breaking up with her and began packing her things. Everything.

"If it was petty beef between two friends you wouldn't go as far as trying to make motherfuckas sick Bayou." His words leaked with sourness. He had grown a bad taste for Bayou, slowly, but surely. He couldn't believe her twisted plan to hurt Jayda.

"All I did I was roll her tissue around on the floor that's it that's all. Believe me." She trailed behind him as he moved to the living room to collect anything of hr lying around. "That's all I did baby please look at me." Malcolm turned around in a flash with the most distugsted expression upon his face.

"No it's not all and you know it. I know exactly what you did on my cousin you can't lie to me. You forgot what the fuck I do for a living. Go find another nigga to play games with because Ion even play games with my kids and you know that."

"Tell me what I did then Mr. KnowItAll? Oh, that's right you can't because you weren't in there Malcolm." She stomped her foot shouting with cracks clearly audible in her voice. Her face had become blotchy and she was trying her very best to convince him that she was telling the truth.

"I saw the texts Bayou." Her mouth formed an 'O'. I just shook my head. She's dumber than I would've ever imagined. "What you thought I didn't go through the phone? You stupider than you look."

"Malcolm baby p-please lemme explain.." She tried touching my arm, but I shrugged her away.

"I don't condone no trifling shit especially not from my girl. It's over man. Help me pack your shit." Bayou was panicking. She didn't want to lose Malcolm. She began pacing and stopping and pacing and stopping and following behind his every footstep while biting her nails. She knew it was over.

"Malcolm please we have to talk about this.  Y-you have to understand why.."

"Ain't shit to talk about Bayou. You got to go man." Malcolm said disappointed shaking his head as his dreads followed every movement.

Bayou couldn't believe what was happening. The one good thing that has happened to her in a while, is about to kick her to the curb. Bayou placed her hands on top of her head.

"All this over Jayda. Wow." Bayou closed her eyes and sighed. She wanted so desperately to control her emotions, but second, by the second, she began to unravel.

"What the fuck is so special about this bitch that everyone has to protect her? She's not innocent either!"

"Didn't say she wasn't. Besides, it's clear as day that she's more woman than you are." Bayou felt like she had been stabbed in the heart. She couldn't believe he said that to her.

"And she wasn't fucking CantGetRight, never even kissed. They weren't on any date like you claimed, they were at her restaurant looking at pictures together. Pictures Devon took of her and Cato and everybody. Your eyes deceived you and it cost you your relationship with your best friend, your relationship with me, and your integrity."

"That's a lie. She's lying."

"They were together trying to figure out what the fuck was going down with Cato when his crazy ass brother stole his damn identity. That's the truth."

"And you took her word for it. Goddammit Malcolm, of course, she'd deny the allegations! Duh!" She tapped the top of her head. "This bitch is a snake. She's playing her role and you all are falling for the okie doke. If anything she deserved any sickness that comes down on her. And I don't regret what I did not one bit."